X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Office

Seen it? Pretty OK.

I was even a bit surprised, that it is not completely sucking. That tends to happen when people remake series, that are succesful and great. It's of course no match to the original, like they never are, especially when transcending from another type of culture of humour (british) to American, so it tends to have little nuances diffenretly, because of the audience demand is for just a bit different for laughs. Example: British (and European) humour can be succesful when the timing would seem a bit off for many American fans. This is, because it is not exactly different, but it's more slow, meaning there can be off moments that would seem to be a bit boring and pointless to someone who likes more badabing badaboom type of humour, there it is, it's funny, now there's a new one, even more funnier... tie it up at the end of the show with a simple call back not too complicated and with not too much nuances and extra and baam there you have it.

It's still funny, I like both styles a lot though. But the other is not automatically a hit in the other. SO. I do consider the original far better, but I have to give credit for the folks remaking this, because it was pretty good, considering they are remaking it (making it more difficult).

I especially like some of the characters so far, I like the boss man naturally, he's great, then I like the guy with glasses, you know, the self described second in command dude, who is quite serious about .. things sometimes. He's awesome ... Just perfect.

Seen 2 first episodes now, I'd say the first episode was a bit better than the second one. They were both good but I thought, that the first one had just few more better ideas than the second one. Second one had maybe .. one or two really good sequences, that were suppose to carry the whole episode, whereas the first episode had 3 to 4 great sequences, starting from the boss man imiating Hitler. It worked pretty well.

Your thoughts?

I was positively surprised.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Use the other thread...

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
    X