No announcement yet.

barbaric canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I said before, any vegetarian that also avoids furs and leather . .. . . I can respect your views.

The seal hunt is lmore human than many game hunts (where wounding an animal is possible and likely) and it is much like any slaughterhouse. The only big differences are

1. its outdoors and in the open
    2, Snow and ice make a big contrast for photos of the carcasses
    3. The whitecoat is a cute animal
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec

I was asking, I didn't know.

Come to think of it, how can less than 1000 hunters eat as much as 1000000 seals by them selfs with their family? And why do I still see body with spines in those pics?

Spec.
      Read the thing writen by the Canadian government. It says the meat is sold for human and animal consumption. My guess is much of it ends up in dog food.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• How can the protesters claim they stayed a mile away yet also claim some of them were punched? Someone is lying.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Sealers have verrrrrrryy long arms
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
            Sealers have verrrrrrryy long arms
            Plus a club
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
              As I said before, any vegetarian that also avoids furs and leather . .. . . I can respect your views.

The seal hunt is lmore human than many game hunts (where wounding an animal is possible and likely) and it is much like any slaughterhouse. The only big differences are

1. its outdoors and in the open
              2, Snow and ice make a big contrast for photos of the carcasses
              3. The whitecoat is a cute animal
              Yeah, 'cuz I'm sure the people doing this have such high morals and are such profesionals that with every first hit, the seal is immediately dead.
              I'm sure that after killing a few 100 they take a brake to make sure that their concentration levels remain high enough to be able to do a good job.

Oh, and the whole veggie argument is kinda lame to be honest, that's like saying that if you protest against the police in your country, you can't be against the US army being in Irak or something.
              In each and every animal(right) argument that one always comes up..
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by alva

Yeah, 'cuz I'm sure the people doing this have such high morals and are such profesionals that with every first hit, the seal is immediately dead.
                I don't know but its not as if the technique is that complicated. PLus a second blow can follow very quickly so that any suffering would be measured in seconds

Originally posted by alva

Oh, and the whole veggie argument is kinda lame to be honest, that's like saying that if you protest against the police in your country, you can't be against the US army being in Irak or something.
                In each and every animal(right) argument that one always comes up..

People can be against whatever they want for whatever reason they want. My comment was that I can respect the consistency of the argument of the vegetarian who tries to avoid all animal products. I don't agree with them but they are consistent

For the burger lovers and leather wearers out there I don't see the same consistency. The Canadian government has studied the seal hunt pretty closely and the hakipik is a quick and efficient method of killing seals. Suffering would be at the same level as most slaughterhouses. Since the industry is economical, sustainable and makes the most efficient uses of the products possible, what exactly would someone's "beef" be with it??

Comment

• When will we see the SPCBUA?

(Society for the Pverention of Cruelty to Butt Ugly Animals)
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• I don't like the name of that club !

Putting in a couple of spaces it becomes three danish words - hak i pik - meaning "notch in dick", and no, not some real guy named Dick.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
                      I don't like the name of that club !

Putting in a couple of spaces it becomes three danish words - hak i pik - meaning "notch in dick", and no, not some real guy named Dick.

I think I mispelled it and its actually hakapik-- What does this do to the translation??

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

I think I mispelled it and its actually hakapik-- What does this do to the translation??
                        In standard danish it no longer makes sense.

But in some of our dialects it get worse : "notch the dick"
                        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                        X