barbaric canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

Less than 3 years actually with a bear population of 5,000 (most of which are not near humans, so the number of polar bears near civilization are substantially less), look at the article date.
    But still, 1 attack in three years is not Actively hunting humans. Come on.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• The only Canadians who give a **** about the poor cutesy little seals are Spec, St Leo and Ludd (2 of them usual suspects for any bleeding heart issue)

To be fair, the Americans are pretty open-minded

Only Diss can't take it...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
        Decade and a half? That report was from 1993.
        Same answer, 1 attack in 3 years is not ACTIVELY HUNTING HUMANS.

Obviously.

Last resort only, and it happenned only 1 time in 3 years.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

• Ok, three years... the point remains that they wheren't there seeking human flesh, and that the reported attacks are far too infrequent for a species that is supposedly "actively hunting" humans.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
            But still, 1 attack in three years is not Actively hunting humans. Come on.

Spec.
            The only people repeatedly using the phrase "actively hunting humans" are you and the vegetarian high-school dropout.

Polar Bears attack humans at an alarmingly high rate when you look at how devastating these attacks are, and how infrequent direct human contact actually is. They are omnivores...they don't directly go after humans, but they do.

It doesn't matter if they "actively hunt" them or not, they do hunt them and they do kill them, for whatever the reason. They are notoriously dangerous and a real threat in the arctic.

I really doubt you wouldn't be nervous or scared if you were confronted by a polar bear. I can guarantee you, the last thing on your mind is "they are not actively hunting me!"
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              The only Canadians who give a **** about the poor cutesy little seals are Spec, St Leo and Ludd (2 of them usual suspects for any bleeding heart issue)

To be fair, the Americans are pretty open-minded

Only Diss can't take it...
              And do they use the meat or do they kill them just for the skin?
              It's not because there cute, it's the waist. Just like killing sharks just for the fins....wtf.
              The reason I dont care so much for cows is that we almost use 100% of them, not just skin or ears. See my point.

Spec.

Comment

The only people repeatedly using the phrase "actively hunting humans" are you and the vegetarian high-school dropout.
                Dude if you would pull your head out of your ass you would see that this argument started with Mad Monk when he said
                Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                You realize that polar bears are one of the few species that actively regards us as food, right?
                So no, they dont. That's how it started.

Say what you will, we are not good for their diet and we are a lot harder to catch. If someone is eaten by a polar bear he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Spec.

Comment

• Have you actually been paying attention? The hunters eat the meat and sell the oil.

I wouldn't mind trying it, myself.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I really doubt you wouldn't be nervous or scared if you were confronted by a polar bear. I can guarantee you, the last thing on your mind is "they are not actively hunting me!"
                    Dude, I'd be scared ****less, as much as if I met a lion or a tiger in the wild.

Spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                      "Canadian Jingos"

We're number 1!! We're number 1!!

Got the Canadian character in one.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                        Have you actually been paying attention? The hunters eat the meat and sell the oil.

I wouldn't mind trying it, myself.
                        I was asking, I didn't know.

Come to think of it, how can less than 1000 hunters eat as much as 1000000 seals by them selfs with their family? And why do I still see body with spines in those pics?

Spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spec
                          I was asking, I didn't know.

Come to think of it, how can less than 1000 hunters eat as much as 1000000 seals by them selfs with their family? And why do I still see body with spines in those pics?

Spec.
                          They sell it to the community and abroad, they don't eat it all themselves.

And what makes you think they're "done" with the bodies in those pics.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Curious question: Has anyone here actually eaten seal meat?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• They look done here

But then again, I'm no expert seal hunter. I guess I'l just ask any montrealer.

Spec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
                                Curious question: Has anyone here actually eaten seal meat?
                                Yea what does it taste like?

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                                X