No announcement yet.

barbaric canadians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are largely fishermen, dude. Trust me, they don't give a **** about the animals. They spend their days waist deep in fish guts. Oh, and clubbing is very efficient. Seals are ****ing slow as **** when trapped on land. These guys can kill 2-3 a minute if they encounter a heavy group of them. Probably much faster than shooting them.

Remember, they're killing on the order of a few hundred thousand a year with less than a thousand hunters in the space of a couple of weeks. This is mass slaughter.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

How does one get permission to club some seals to death? Sounds fun...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Canadian government says they've done studies and have concluded clubing is humane.
        Don't tell me you were surprised to find that out.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
          Don't tell me you were surprised to find that out.
          Why would they care one way or the other?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            How does one get permission to club some seals to death? Sounds fun...
            You need to have held a big game or professional fisherman's license in the previous year and attend a seminar on how to kill them humanely
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Yeah, Polar Bears and Whales are the natural predators of seals but humans haven't been so kind to these large animals in the past.
              I thought we were good at controlling...so put some of these animals back.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I thought we were good at controlling...so put some of these animals back.
                I suppose you're aware of how successful Polar Bear breeding programs are...or rather the lack thereof.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

a) We're trying

b) They don't breed as quickly as seals do. It's a lot harder to get them to repopulate than it is to get the seals to do so

c) What the **** do you know about wildlife? You're from Belgium.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So what, WE CANNOT CONTROL nature, this isn't going to help either.
                    What's the difference between this and a slaughterhouse kill floor?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Euros lecturing Canadians about wildlife management
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Hey, if it's one thing I learned here, it's that your own ignorance shouldn't prevent you from bashing someone else.

Besides, we have....eugh...dogs too. I even saw a big huge mosquito yesterday..scary mother**** I tells ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

They don't eat solely cod. The other fish populations are dropping rapidly, and there are strict fishing limits to prevent overfishing.

The fish are rapidly disappearing, and not from fishing we know about.
                          That's not true. We know all about the fishing that gets done by EU fleets as they try to vacuum up the last of the fish.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• These are largely fishermen, dude. Trust me, they don't give a **** about the animals. They spend their days waist deep in fish guts.

Fish aren't the same as seals. Seals give away a much stronger vibe of killing, and not just some mechanical action. Killing them probably affects people much more. Is there any statistic on how these people behave in normal life?

Oh, and clubbing is very efficient. Seals are ****ing slow as **** when trapped on land. These guys can kill 2-3 a minute if they encounter a heavy group of them. Probably much faster than shooting them.

I am sure. I am not worried about the efficiency of killing them...

Remember, they're killing on the order of a few hundred thousand a year with less than a thousand hunters in the space of a couple of weeks. This is mass slaughter.

That's the point of the thread, no?
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Yup. Mass slaughter that I can get behind
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

That's not true. We know all about the fishing that gets done by EU fleets as they try to vacuum up the last of the fish.
                                ****ing Iberians and Danes.
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X