No announcement yet.

Desperate Housewives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9,572,000 households tuned into Desperate Housewives on March 20, representing 13% of all TVs that were turned on that night... placing it number 11th overall for the week. (interestingly enough L&O CI finished 17th, a 12% share)

This is the first season for the show, aired for the first time on in October 2004. It was meant to "fill a timeslot" unitl Alias started airing original episodes again in January 2005. Its success stunned the networks, and the smart executives decided to keep the show in that time slot, and move Alias to Wednesday night. Smart indeed... as the show is one of ABC's biggest success stories for the 2004/05 season.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I've never watched it.

Don't plan on it, either.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I watched one episode. It's alright. It's on a bad night though (I'm working), so I can't watch anymore.

Comment

Same here, never really fancied it - not my cup of tea...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've watched a couple episodes while waiting for Boston Legal to come out.

Comment

It's quite enjoyab;e, thought it'd be far worse than it is. Is a bit "Twin Peaks in the suburbs" in a way.

Comment

"Desperate Houusewives" became kind of family show for the house I live in. We used to gather round and watch it together. It's not very comic except for some moments, but it's fine.

My favourite personality is the sister of miss Hoover or whatever

I've seen something like first 13 episodes.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

The Hoovers are strange.

I like Bree.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well, at least she became fameous as she's always wanted it to be...
                    Middle East!

Comment

I don't watch TV.

Comment

The Hoovers are strange.

I like Bree.
                        I know You do
                        Especially the young Bree swimming-pool lad, right?
                        Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                          I know You do
                          Especially the young Bree swimming-pool lad, right?
                          Andrew? Meh.

I really like the boy he was with though.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I saw the first episode and liked it well enough, but haven't seen it since and don't really have the time to watch it. I'll probably just wait until I can rent the entire first season all at once.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                              I saw the first episode and liked it well enough, but haven't seen it since and don't really have the time to watch it. I'll probably just wait until I can rent the entire first season all at once.
                              It's more interesting now that one of the "main housewives" has a gay son.

He was caught kissing naked in the pool at the end of episode 15.

The son (Andrew):

The boy (Justin):

Random quote from that episode:
                              Bree: If we take away his condoms, maybe --
                              Rex: He's a teenage boy. We could take away his penis, he'd still try to have sex.

Attached Files

Comment

I was very skeptical but surprised the couple of times I watched it.

There are some stupid scenes occasionally. But overall it's a good show.

Alot of us who are DAMN TIRED of all the boring reality shows want to see some good writing, and Desparate Housewives provides it.

I would hit all the housewives.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X