No announcement yet.

Jerry Falwell in critical condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be why God is calling him home now. If four hurricanes weren't enough to get conservatives to realize where God's wishes lie, he's gonna have to do things more directly.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
      I don't wish Falwell dead, myself...he's just another angry man who rabidly supports his probably mistaken beliefs without any thought or reflection. He probably does think that he's doing the right thing. There are lots of people like that in the world, and many more virulent.
      Jerry Falwell was a vocal supporter of racial segregation during the 1950s and 1960s.

In 1994 1994, Jerry Sloan questioned Falwell about a homophobic statement he made about a gay church in which Falwell says "But thank God this vile and satanic system will one day be utterly annihilated and there'll be a celebration in heaven." Falwell flatly denied saying this and offered $5,000 to anyone who could produce a tape of him saying this, which Jerry Sloan promptly did. Falwell refused to pay and accused Sloan of tampering with the tape. Mr. Sloan took Mr. Falwell to court and won. Falwell appealed the case because the judge was Jewish and felt that he ruled against him because he was a gentile. In the end, not only did Falwell have to pay the $5,000 but he had to pay another $3982.90 for wasting the courts time.

Falwell has been under investigation for using his church's tax-exempt status illegally for political purposes, including open endorsements of right-wing candidates.

Falwell once proclaimed that the Antichrist will be a Jewish male who is probably "alive somewhere today."

"AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals." -- J. Falwell

Of course, there was also his blatant back-stabbing of his "friends" Jim and Tammy Faye Baker.

Also:

Award-winning news and culture, features breaking news, in-depth reporting and criticism on politics, science, food and entertainment.

He's corrupt. He lies. He defrauds people. He violates laws. He's a racist bigot. Sorry, but I doubt even he is deluded enough to believe he's doing the "right thing." He's a fraud and I bet he knows it.
      Last edited by Boris Godunov; March 29, 2005, 23:37.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

we need an applause smiley....

Boris
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's funny how normally non-religious people have this vague, superstitious notion of karma. The fact that Bill Gates seems healthy and fairly pleased with himself is proof there is no karma.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Boris
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

That being said, I don't "hope" he dies. But if he does, it won't illicit one ounce of sympathy from me. I'll just think of those who lay dying of AIDS and had to hear what he was saying about it.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

What's wrong with hoping that someone dies/ wishing that they would die?
                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                  Because life is precious and you only get one shot.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                    It's a little tacky, but if the person is sufficiently evil, there certainly isn't anything wrong with it.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Because life is precious and you only get one shot.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Even a burglar and drug-dealing pimp can become Malcom X. As long as you're alive, you can see the error of your ways and do something to make the world a better place. I admit, in Falwell's case, it's unlikely, but even Paul could see the light.

Comment

I proclaim that Boris has PWND Jerry Falwell.

However, if he really hates corrupt bigoted people who were vocal supporters of racism back when it was hip, then maybe it's time for him to give up on defending Robert Byrd. I got into an argument with him over this in January, and I think I have to bring it up in order to point out Boris's partisan slant in judging people.

Jerry Falwell was a vocal supporter of racial segregation during the 1950s and 1960s.

This is enough for you to conclude that:
                          He's a racist bigot.

However, I remember bringing up Byrd's use of the n-word on National TV in 2001, and his Klan membership of several decades ago, and that wasn't enough definitive proof for Boris that the man is a racist.

Boris PWNing Falwell
                          Partisanship
                          Racist Right-Wingers
                          Racist Left-Wingers
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                            I proclaim that Boris has PWND Jerry Falwell.
                            I proclaim that Jaguar has PWND Boris Godunov.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I used to hear him preach about the evils of Federal intervention in local school systems with a little crystal radio I made when I was 10.
                              Falwell has been under investigation for using his church's tax-exempt status illegally for political purposes, including open endorsements of right-wing candidates.
                              There's recently been a scandal in town. The mayor of Lynchburg, a black preacher, accepted a very large donation from Falwell's ministries. The mayor, who also sits on the city council, voted in favor of a development project in which some of the Falwells are said to have an interest. You know, it seems to me that the briber should be just as culpable as the bribee, but while the mayor remains under investigation, no one at the Falwell organizations is being asked to account.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                                He was the founding father of "Moral Majority", the organization that hand delivered the fundamentalist vote to the Republican party. At the beginning of this year he announced that he was seeking to start a new movement along the same lines in order to insure that Bush's successor would be someone who would carry on the good work.
                                Such success is enough for me to want his movement dead (with the logical implication that he personally is either dead or senile) before he can take care of the heritage.

This is exactly the same reason why I can't wait to see Le Pen die. He managed to unite almost all of the far right behind his personality, despite the sectarism inherent to such extremistic beliefs. Should he die, the far right would become divided and irrelevant as it should be. I think Falwell is similar in terms of uniting sectarians.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X