No announcement yet.

Jerry Falwell in critical condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True. It's bad to wish death on anyone and we should care about the poor man.

*puts caring about Jerry Falwell on his to-do list below tongue scrubbing the kitchen floor*
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      I think he's a ****e bag but it is bad form to wish people dead.
      Dunno. I was glad at the news of Sheik Yassin's death. Why should I disallow me from welcoming the death of someone who's instrumental in the poisoning of the American society?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Sava, yeah, but you start thinking sometimes.. you know.. if that douchebag is obnoxious in my opinion (sure is) and super judgemental, appearing to be something that I think is not very Christian to begin with and the same time claiming the Christiaty and his supposed position and authority because of it and superiority, what does that make him?

You know, all he is, is just opinions we don't agree with. All he is, is just a loudmouth who makes us sick with his mongering and hate. So, as good Christians (which I'm sure you are too ), we must feel for him, because clearly he is misguided. He prolly will never change his ways, thinking he is God's chosen messenger, so what can we do? Maybe nothing. But we still don't have to wish bad things to him. Right? He dies when it's his time to die, and we don't have to bother our heads with it. If you respect him, write something nice about him for his memory, go visit his grave etc. If you don't like him, or even hate him, why not just ... not bring it up and do counter gloating when he's in a tough spot? You know what it makes you, when you retreat from your natural way of feeling a bit satisfaction when he goes down? A better Christian than him.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka: well I don't claim to be a better "Christian" than those kind of people... although if you don't count my obnoxious internet ramblings, I am a much better Christian than any religious right winger.

however, it's probably not a good idea that I visit his grave... it would get pissed on
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I make a distinction between wishing murder/execution upon someone and wishing natural/accidental death upon someone. In the first set, no one deserves to die like that, but the second set can be viewed as karma coming back at a bad person.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Dunno. I was glad at the news of Sheik Yassin's death. Why should I disallow me from welcoming the death of someone who's instrumental in the poisoning of the American society?
              Good point. I'd like to have seen these people exposed as the frauds they are while commiting some sort of vile crime so they'd be discredited but if we cheer when they die then we are no better then the Palestinian filth who danced upon hearing about 9/11.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

if that douchebag is obnoxious in my opinion (sure is) and super judgemental
                For a second there I thought you were talking about Sava.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

who pissed in your cornflakes patroklos?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ohh snap! Patroklos STRIKES! My neck is hurting from the whipslash you gave to our better-than-right-wing-christians-if-I-was-a-practicing-christian...
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Edit:

Good point. I'd like to have seen these people exposed as the frauds they are while commiting some sort of vile crime so they'd be discredited but if we cheer when they die then we are no better then the Palestinian filth who danced upon hearing about 9/11.

I don't think either Sheik Yassin or Falwell committed any crime (by the legal definition) directly. However, their words moved plenty of people, and in the case of Yassin, his words considerably helped Hamas, and contributed to making the Palestinians more hostile to a peaceful settlement.

Yassin, despite being a lame old man who couldn't have killed if his life depended on it, was instrumental in the poisoning of the region, and death of many. Falwell, although I don't think his words have killed yet, is also partly responsible for slowly destroying the American society, and turning many Americans as crazies.

The death of these guys mean good news. And unlike the death of obsolete politicians (like Pol Pot), their natural death doesn't merely satisfy a sense of "poetic justice", but it also serves a political purpose, and one that is very important for society as a whole.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

who pissed in your cornflakes patroklos?
                        Pardon me, I have duty today and can't go home
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

sorry to hear that... that sucks

you can post on poly while on duty?
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, just use the computers. Nothing like stealing government bandwidth for my own purposes. Even managed to get a few posts out from the middle of the ocean.

Its after working hours now though. My only function is to be present, and surfing the web counts

Comment

Dude, if you consider using army puters for Poly, and regarding it as stealing the gov bandwith for your own purposes, you need to get out and seriously loosen up. That's like Korean Code isn't it?
                              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                                Yeah, just use the computers. Nothing like stealing government bandwidth for my own purposes. Even managed to get a few posts out from the middle of the ocean.

Its after working hours now though. My only function is to be present, and surfing the web counts
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X