Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China's Human Rights Report.

Didn't see a thread on this.

Sick of the sanctimonious Americans issuing reports on Chinese human rights violations, the Chinese government decided to respond in kind.

The result is pretty much spot on.

I have to laugh at the Americans complaining about this. Let him who is without sin...
    Only feebs vote.

By the Information Office of the State Council of the People's Republic of China
    a reliable source
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You missed the funny bit..

Look at the sources for their claims.. the vast majority of them are mainstream US media or US government agencies.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

the report may have some legitimate points, but coming from China, what they say will ring hollow
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

One could say exactly the same of the US... which is the whole point.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

the funny bit is really that China would actually make a report on human rights.

All it should contain is "We are trying to kill less people this year than last, but we can't promise anything. Taiwan suks!"
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Again, one could say exactly the same of the US. Only countries like Sweden have anything close to the moral authority to issue such reports.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

a reliable source

It is published by the people's China Daily!

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That Aggie would even defend the Chinese record on human rights speaks volumes about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

It is published by the people's China Daily!

meh

it was sarcasm
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

This is an interesting proposal by Aggie... only those who have no human rights issues should talk about other country's human rights abuses, and no one that has human rights abuses can speak about any other country's (even if the other country has worse abuses). And this is supposed to help human rights? Or was that not considered?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

@ the Chinese idea

Won't change anything, but still is a good laugh
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

First Paragraph:

" In 2004 the atrocity of US troops abusing Iraqi POWs exposed the dark side of human rights performance of the United States. The scandal shocked the humanity and was condemned by the international community. It is quite ironic that on Feb. 28 of this year, the State Department of the United States once again posed as the "the world human rights police" and released its Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 2004. As in previous"

Phew! Anyone living outside FoxNews and Pravda (and Guardian) can clearly see the amateur use of words. This is too visible, but it's good enough for 'believers', they'll eat it. Let me begin..

Atrocity, abuse, POW, exposure, dark side in the same and very first sentence. WOW! How about spreading those words on TWO sentences, this way it'll stick better with the 'objective' readers.

The scandal shocked the humanity? That's nice way of putting the words, but again, too strong. The propaganda is TOO strong. It needs to be more undetectable.

"the world human rights police" Ahh.. putting it inside quotation marks makes a nice ring to it, but it's too much giving a personal opinion of the writer. Too clear.

What can I say.. this type of propaganda still goes in some old commie countries? Surprising. They are a lot better in here already.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The People's China Daily is the government owned mouth piece of the Chinese Communist Party. They've never published anything but propoganda in its entire history.

Comment

Read the Goddamn report you cretins. Most of the points made come directly from the US media which the Chinese have helpfully cited. That's why it's funny: most of what they claim was cobbled together by your own MSM.

It's not my idea Imran. "Let him who is without sin... " is classic red-stater fare.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X