Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if women had ruled the world all along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read a Philip K. Dick book (The Simulacra) where the USEA (United States of Europe and American..... highly unlikely) is ruled not by the President but by the First Lady, who remains in power and marries whoever is elected president every four years.

...... basically the male population develops a serious Madonna complex.

I think men might be more loyal to female leaders after a while.... a female head of state might be a more potent symbol in times of war, creating a kind of protective patriotism in male soldiers.

But the position would change the position holder more than the reverse. Women and Men both crave power, it's just that women's desires have been repressed for so long.

Money... Power... not a good dichotomy... money is simply a representation of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
      Who would engineer their children with "sub-optimal" genes on the off chance that one might pay off in the future?

No one. The point of genetic engineering is that it's engineering -- we can accomplish the equivalent of evolving an eye in one generation. Relying on the luck of evolution is a good way to go extinct.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
        Never truer words spoken - we men love to delude ourselves over our importance in the world, simple brutish creatures. Women have evolved to know this very well, and are happier(and wiser) to sit in the background puling our strings.

Oh, sheesh. And the black nanny is the real power behind the WASP wife and husband, as she manipulates both with her crafty ways. Riiight.

All hail Jeeves, the Butler-Emperor!
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

erm does this mean your gay?

ok i should have used 'often' or 'sometimes' in the above statement that upset you(i'll stand by my point, as the saying goes 'behind every powerful man stands a powerful women - unless your gay')
          Last edited by child of Thor; March 30, 2005, 14:10.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo

No one. The point of genetic engineering is that it's engineering -- we can accomplish the equivalent of evolving an eye in one generation. Relying on the luck of evolution is a good way to go extinct.
            While relying on human engineering is another way.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I can't really see there being fewer wars, at least not if the record of female leaders throughout history is anything to go by. Although you could argue that the whole notion of leadership would be different, and any male leaders from such a world would exemplify this.

On the other hand, wars would be 'easier' since I presume that men would still be doing the fighting, so you wouldn't be risking losing anyone important (like an heir to the throne), just a load of easily replaced men.

Comment

Got this somewhere in an email titled "If women ran the world"

Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X