No announcement yet.

Republicans for Gay Unions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's strange that this thread had little activity around the time I made my first post, but then it blew up...

Ming: if I may make a somewhat serious point, my characterization of the repuke party is primarily a troll (just in case you didn't know that already)... I don't seriously believe most of the stuff I post. I do so mainly to get stupid people to bite my trolls

On an intellectual level, I know that not all Repub's are religious nuts and whatnot... when I rant, I'm usually directing my rantings at the elements within the Repub party that irk me. It's just easier to generalize and aim my complaints at all repukes instead of singling out the individual elements that are the source of my disdain.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

"Religious zealots" = 60% of US pop.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

it's strange that this thread had little activity around the time I made my first post, but then it blew up...
        That's cause your such a good Troll, Sava... Pat yourself on your back..
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

That's cause your such a good Troll, Sava... Pat yourself on your back..
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava... troll... Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And Asher... if 60% of the US pop were really religious zealots, it would be against the law to be gay, and the penality would be stoning or death
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The problem I have with welfare is how the program is run, not that I'm against the concept...

If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard that...

What's your proposal then? Every time I hear this, the supposed solution would cost far more than the present system.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                What's your proposal then? Every time I hear this, the supposed solution would cost far more than the present system.
                I don't have a problem with the "cost"... it's the system, where it is better in many cases NOT to work.
                I want a system that encourages self improvement, and provides a chance to get OFF welfare.

While the Wisconsin model isn't perfect, and has it flaws... it's a step in the right direction.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gavin "Any Twosome" Newsom's Care not Cash program is right on the money.

Any system that gives people who are poor MONEY to spend however they want is stupid. Food stamps are great, but that system is also flawed to the core, and it don't really pay rent. Section 8 housing even has a *cha-ching* sound to it for greedy RE developers. Why? Because weldfare is messed up.

Give the ppl a place to live, food, clothes, showers, skills, etc... Not a bottle of milk for the kid, a flask of whiskey for the weather, and a blanket for the meantime. Yaaay!

You should see the line at the bank on the first of the month around my house.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

All of you US Moderates, especially those that vote Republican, one question for you - do you vote in your primaries? If you do, If you don't, you are one of the morons who have given the religious right control of the party, because they get their butts out and vote.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

BTW, was there a token Republican candidate against Bush this time, or was no Republican primary organized at all?
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

there was no primary
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          BTW, was there a token Republican candidate against Bush this time, or was no Republican primary organized at all?
                          He's a sitting President. Usually there is no primary opponent against one.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There was a primary but no one else bothered to run.

Everyone knows the primary system is rigged in favor of the extremists. American politics have to fundimental and debilitating problems: 1) Letting politicians redistrict their own districts means politicians pick voters instead of voters picking politicians. Jerry mandering to prevent the people expressing their will is the rule not the exception. 2) Closed primaries result in only extremist candidates ever running for office. Open primaries would result in more moderate and less partisan people being elected and it would mean the will of more American voters would actually be carried out.

Changing redistricting rules so that a nonpartisan panel controls it (instead of allowing encumbants to rig everything in their favor) and making every primary and open primary are two necissary changes that must be made if we are to continue to be a democracy. The two parties have stacked the deck so that no other parties can win anything and they jerry mandered the districts to the point where the elections cannot be called creditable.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Closed primaries result in only extremist candidates ever running for office. Open primaries would result in more moderate and less partisan people being elected and it would mean the will of more American voters would actually be carried out.

(Beating the Europeans) Why should political parties open their voting process to everyone? They are private organizations and should be allowed to pick their own candidates internally.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The primaries should be open because currently the two parties have passed laws effectively preventing the creation of meanful third parties. Millions of people have been disinfranchized and the winner takes all system is designed to prevent third parties from ever holding office. The only way this can be changed and the partisanship (which is destroying our country) be toned down is through open primaries.

Preventing jerry mandering of districts is certainly the most necissary reform and one which will be most strongly opposed by the two parties. California is at least trying to deal with this but Republicans fanatically oppose it in states like Texas where they have effectively made elections meaningless.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X