An essay titled simply, beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two paragraphs is not an essay.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

If you had any respect for asimov, you wouldn't allow your worthless name to be mentioned in the same sentence as His Glory.

There are two reason for why I am the only hit on Google for "hubrile". The first is that hubris imbues me with sufficient pride and arrogance to know that I have the talent and the skills to eventually overshadow even Asimov.

The second reason is that I made the word up.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        From the Descent of Man: Chapter 5

Descent of Man [ 1871 ] Charles Darwin [ 1809 – 1882 ]   Chapter V – On the Development of the Intellectual and Moral Faculties THE subjects to be discussed in this chapter are of the highest interest, but are treated by me in an imperfect and fragmentary manner. Mr. Wallace, in an […]
        That doesn't say what you claim. Darwin doesn't refer to such people as "subhuman" and he doesn't say such people should be killed or prevented from breeding. If you're going to question the moral philosophy of someone, at least get their beliefs right.

He further agreed with Galton and Herbert Spencer that asylums for the "imbecile, the maimed, and the sick", as well as welfare laws and vaccination, allowed that "weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind" and would be "highly injurious to the race of man." However, he also felt that the sympathetic instincts of humans, which would allow them to aid the helpless, had developed due to natural selection, and to deny them would damage the "noblest part of our nature" for only a potential future benefit. "Hence we must bear without complaining the undoubtedly bad effects of the weak surviving and propagating their kind," he wrote. For each tendency of society to produce negative selections, Darwin also saw the possibility of society to itself check these problems, but also noted that with his theory "progress is no invariable rule."
        So he believed exactly the opposite of what you wrote.

By the way, what does the Bible say about the disabled? (Lev 21:18)
        Last edited by Boris Godunov; March 30, 2005, 00:30.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
        X