Computing Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computing Help needed

I got my shiny new external harddrive for my laptop yesterday and, with usual loveliness, when I first plugged it in it showed up perfectly and I transfered my music to it no problem.

Now however, when I plugged it in and started it up today, nothing. Well, not exactly nothing. The computer knows its there, it shows up on device managers (which say everything is working fine) and whatnot. However, it won't show up on My Computer and I can't get into the device to get the music I borrowed off a friend. What gives? How do I remedy this?
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Sounds like a ****ed up partition table or something like that. Is it an external HD?
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Did you start it up with the HD attached or did you plug-N-play? What OS are you using?
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

It's been fixedified! My idiot friend idiotly did something with the partion while he was formatting his computer. But we fixed it and it works like pretty now.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Glad it worked out
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

All love now again?

Comment

Drat, I was hoping for a FORMAT C: scenario
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
              X