No announcement yet.

Let's talk about European antisemitism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (although their intent may have been not entirely as honourable as it may seem- they may have wanted the Jews to disappear as a distinct religious or ethnic minority in a completely French i

I have no problem with this
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
      dannubis, et al., the problem with the French embargo is that Israel's equipment was primarily French, including its airforce. Had the war lasted longer, material shortages could have resulted in Israel's defeat.

The French embargo forces Israel to switch to American arms.

But the point here is that the French embargo was designed to bring Israel to its knees, or worse.
      Considering the result, it was really poorly designed. And considering that the french material was mainly in the airforce which had destroyed the arab airforce the first day, your comments are of the most ignoble nature.
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
        (although their intent may have been not entirely as honourable as it may seem- they may have wanted the Jews to disappear as a distinct religious or ethnic minority in a completely French i

I have no problem with this

It is seen by some Jews in the U.K. as being a problem though- that as more marry out or 'become assimilated' then the only distinctly Jewish communities will be the likes of the Hasidim of Hackney and North Manchester.

Certainly the distinctively Jewish community of the East End has disappeared (although the Brick Lane beigel shop is still there) being largely replaced by a Muslim Bengali community.

I always found it hugely ironic that the Protestant

'British Society for Propagation of the Gospel among the Jews; est. 1842; To propagate the Gospel among the Jews, at home and abroad, and support aged Hebrew Christians in a Home established for the purpose.'

had a home in Spitalfields close by the first synagogue to be set up by refugee Jews from Eastern Europe.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• If they want to have their own identity, they should form their society, our immigrate here. Minority groups have no rights. Individuals do.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
          X