No announcement yet.

Implications of Quantum Physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how does the single electron know ahead of time whether there is one slit or two slits open?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• but doesnt quantum theory disprove itself by the uncertainty principle?

the theory can be applied but the measurments could be wrong
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
        but doesnt quantum theory disprove itself by the uncertainty principle?

the theory can be applied but the measurments could be wrong
        No. The fact is that there are ramifications to the uncertaincy principle. Also, quantum mechanics doesn't predict a certain measurement, but probability of a certain measurement. It's just a non-deterministic theory. (Although this is in its basis through quantum mechanics - QM says that nature itself is non-deterministic, and has no hidden variables, as opposed to something such as Statistical Mechanics which is based on the statistics of large numbers of classical particles and such, which is deterministic (And the classical distribution of SM, the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution, is technically an approximation because it is classical, although there are quantum mechanical versions that take into account of QM; Bose-Einstein and Fermi-Dirac, for bosons/fermions respectively)

It may seem ironic - that a theory based on uncertainty can predict something, but it's true.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• My proposal for what we should do:
          Go back to the part where you were all roasting PA for being a stupid douchebag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
            So how does the single electron know ahead of time whether there is one slit or two slits open?
            the electron talks to it's buddies, see...

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
              So how does the single electron know ahead of time whether there is one slit or two slits open?
              The "single electron" is not localised. It takes all available paths to the target at once.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Sounds quite spiritual and shamanic. Takes all possible ways at once...

Comment

Working...
                X