Implications of Quantum Physics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implications of Quantum Physics

So does the world not exist at all? Damn Schrodingers Cat..it must be dead in my opinion.

Therefore there is no paradox . But yes, physics is definitely up against the highest brick wall here, it can not explain a thing.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

You mean, it can't explain a thing except phenomena such as the behavior of light or electricity of nuclear physics?

Comment

It can't explain anything that is behind our backs.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well, it certainly has a better track record than you do at predicting things.

Comment

...and the behavior of three out of the four fundamental forces, part of the explanation of the big bang, nature of solid-state physics, et cetera.... Yeah, that's sure not explaining a thing.

One should note that the Copenhagen interpretation is not the only philosophical interpretation of quantum mechanics. There's also the many worlds interpretation.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

And, of course, there's the fact that QM isn't the philosophy, which is worthless, it's a mathematical tool for predicting physical phenomena. As such, it is *very* successful.

Comment

By the way, you can still observe things with things behind your back. You can hear, feel, et cetera; hearing by itself pretty much says that you are an observer for things behind your back. You don't have to see things for it to be observed.

Still, there are still other observers anyway; an "observer" doesn't even have to be sentient, really.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

" it's a mathematical tool for predicting physical phenomena. As such, it is *very* successful."

When the maths is analysed it makes not a bean of sense.

"Still, there are still other observers anyway; an "observer" doesn't even have to be sentient, really.
                "

What is an observer?
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

" it's a mathematical tool for predicting physical phenomena. As such, it is *very* successful."

Which is irrelevent, since IT WORKS. The mathematics are quite clearly correct.

Comment

But the maths mean nothing, at all.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Which is irrelevent, since THEY WORK. They predict physical phenomana to incredible accuracy. As such, whether you can make any sense of them isn't important.

That action at a distance doesn't make sense isn't a valid argument against Newton. Same thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by Park Avenue

yes it does

"Still, there are still other observers anyway; an "observer" doesn't even have to be sentient, really.
                        "

What is an observer?

Something which performs a measurement.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Exactly. The problem with science right now is the orthodox. They (you?) are not prepared to question anything.

You are like the Christians proclaiming that the world is flat.
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Eh, why would we question something that's obviously correct?

Comment

The fundamental axiom of quantum mechanics in question is the one which states: "any measurement of an observable puts the system into an eigenstate of the associated operator"
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X