No announcement yet.

I need thoughts or help about inheritence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then you need to not betray your father's trust and to spend the money wisely especially since you haven't always been good with money in the past. I suggest you let your husband pay for his own car since your father already gave him money for that and that you put as much money as you can into some form of long term savings or retirement account. That will result in more money for the both of you in the long term and your husband can't really complain since you are acting in both of your long term interests.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      Inheritance taxes were abolished a couple of years ago in the States. However, there might be some local inheritance taxes. Tiamat should ask her tax preparer about that.
      IIRC, the estate tax is in the process of being abolished but some of it is still there. However, since it never effected inheritances of less than $1 million, Tia shouldn't have a problem. If it's more than a million, then Tia should dump her husband and run off with me. Still, talking to her tax preparer is a good idea...or maybe an hour with a probate attoney.

In California, you don't have to go through Probate if the estate is less than $60,000. I don't know what the limit is in Texas.

Tia, it's your money. Save and spend it wisely and compassionately.

Comment

We had to go to probate. And yeah I feel like it is my money. I think I'll travel to Europe as well.
        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
          I think I'll travel to Europe as well.
          Good for you.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
            We had to go to probate. And yeah I feel like it is my money. I think I'll travel to Europe as well.
            Excellent! If you like architecture and historic sites be sure to visit Prague, Vienna and Rome. Berlin is also nice.
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
            X