No announcement yet.

Hummers suck ass. Proof right here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait, the military vehicles don't meet those?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

H1's continue to be great offroad vehicles. H2 & H3 are nothing more then posser modiles but then again most new Jeeps and Land Rovers are also posser mobiles. Toyota Landcruisers, Hummer H1, the Jeep Wrangler, and the Jeep Grand Cherikee are some of the few serious off roaders on the market. The Land Rover Defender is gone, the Discovery has been replaced by a tarted up Explorer, while the Range Rover remains a great offroader but at $70k no one ever takes a Range Rover offroad.
      Toyota Landcruiser is a fine car, but it's a bit too precious to use it for offroad. The Range Rover is a really bad car and totally underpowered. We had one a few years ago, around 130hp (diesel) is a bit little for a car of that size. In addition it had lots and lots of repairs and they costed lots of money because the car was used (70000 kilometres). Can't really recommend.

Now we've got another Land Rover, I don't know the name, but it has several problems with the electronics.

Comment

Re: Hummers suck ass. Proof right here.

Originally posted by Spec

I always said that a Hummer was all looks and no action.

Spec.
        All looks? WTF? Yeah, if you like the look of a garden shed with wheels.

Not as bad as the Honda Element, but close.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
          The Range Rover is a really bad car and totally underpowered. We had one a few years ago, around 130hp (diesel) is a bit little for a car of that size. In addition it had lots and lots of repairs and they costed lots of money because the car was used (70000 kilometres). Can't really recommend.
          Around here no one buys diesels so that engine was never offered. Instead Range Rovers have always come with 4L or 4.5L Rover V-8s during the first two generations or an even larger BMW V-8 or V-12 for the third generation and now they come with Jaguar V-8s. The drive train and electronics from the 3rd and fourth generations (1994 on wards) should be excellent since they're from BMW or Jag. Older (pre-1994) cars may be a problem however you'd expect problems from a car pushing 12 years of age.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Re: Hummers suck ass. Proof right here.

Originally posted by Wezil
            All looks? WTF? Yeah, if you like the look of a garden shed with wheels.

Not as bad as the Honda Element, but close.
            They aren't very reliable and they don't look pretty but they most certainly are extremely capable off road. I've flogged several on some of the worst off road conditions imaginable over the last 10 years or so and they are excellent off road. No, you can't do what this idiot was trying to do (go over 48" high bolders when you have less ground clearence then that) and off roading does take a certain amount of intelligence (which those idiots were lacking. If you have the wrong approach or decent angles then you'll flip your car, slow down at the wrong spot in a bog and you will get stuck, and if you're not careful about ground clearence you will scrape.

The sad fact is those morons could have made it through there if they had kept their tires on top of the right bolders so that the Hummer stood a foot or two higher. That would have given them the extra ground clearence they needed. Instead they proved themselves to be nothing more then clueless rich want-to-bes who wanted to pretend they knew how to off road just because they bought an off roader.

Comment

What percentage of Hummer owners actually go off road? Very small I would suspect.

The vehicle may be useful in such enterprises (I don't off road so I would not know) but I doubt this is why people are buying them. Besides, this still doesn't change the fact they are butt ugly vehicles.

Anyone want to buy a Pacer (fish tank car)?
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa

Toyota Landcruiser is a fine car, but it's a bit too precious to use it for offroad. The Range Rover is a really bad car and totally underpowered. We had one a few years ago, around 130hp (diesel) is a bit little for a car of that size. In addition it had lots and lots of repairs and they costed lots of money because the car was used (70000 kilometres). Can't really recommend.

Now we've got another Land Rover, I don't know the name, but it has several problems with the electronics.
                wussy Austrian...

Comment

I would love to buy a 1994 or 1995 Land Rover Defender just because it would be cheap and a great off roader with a few changes. Since the Rover V-8 was designed and originally built by GM as was the transmition Land Rover was using the parts should be cheap enough and easy to find. Perfect for an off roader.

Comment

Working...
                  X