Tories- shock revelation of the blindingly obvious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tories- shock revelation of the blindingly obvious

Shocking! No! How could anyone have seen this coming?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Howard Flight resigned as Tory deputy chairman after he told party activists the true extent of its planned spending cuts had been kept from voters.

The Tories said Mr Flight's comments did not reflect party policy.
    Well there you go. Where did you, gentle reader, think the Tories were going to find all that money to cover tax cuts? Mr Flight has simply declared what everyone with half a brain knew would happen, and inside the ranks of the Tories that's a career-wrecking step.

The Tories. Insulting everyone's intelligence since Hanoverian times.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Hey- they got away with it in the United States. What's so different about the UK (shameless troll)
    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

The Brits are far more cynical than we are. We're far more gullible than anyone has a right to be.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The Tories have got a snowball's chance in hell of coming close to troubling Labour, let alone winning, in the election. His comments have to be put into that context, and when you do that you wonder why Flight even bothered trying to explain the extent of tax cuts that they will never be in a position to make.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X