Video driver problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video driver problems?

I'm putting together a powerpoint presentaion and I've been having weird problems with text disappearing on a slide and all letters getting stuck one on top of another (when that happens it happens to all slides). I dont get this **** at work on a PC with a crappy video card. I've got a ATI 9800 128MB and I'm wondering if its a 2D problem or maybe a driver problem.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Sounds like a font problem.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

sounds like a personal problem
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Do you have the same version of powerpoint on both computers?
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Probably not, and some of the slides were originally made on a mac.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Well, there´s your prob right there. Different versions is bad enough, and if some of it were made on a Mac...
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

1. Find a hammer.
              2. Take your ATi card out.
              3. Smash the card with the hammer repeatedly.

Will this solve your problem? No. I just have had lots of bad experiences with ATi drivers. I will say this though, it's a font/powerpoint problem, and has nothing to do with graphical drivers.
              B♭3

Comment

Well it looks like those that voted for a powerpoint version incompatibility problem were correct. I updated the 2002 version to SP3 (same as at work where everything works) and everything is fine. Hopefully they'll have the same version where/when I give the talk.

Comment

Word has some compatibility options for older versions and some other things, maybe Powerpoint has similar options too?
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Powerpoint is compatible from newer versions to older, but not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                    X