No announcement yet.

The Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japher, check the British version out... you'll laugh even harder .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Steve Carrell's in this? I might have to check this out.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

The Real Question is:
        How does it fare against the Awful German Version?

The German Copy:
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Well, the version did have the boss doing an impression of Hitler... I'm sure the German version didn't have that .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

While I appreciated the premise of the original, I wasnt a big fan. Why would I want to spend my time watching a bunch of average morons in a ****ty job? It's like a comedy version of "Thirty something". The american version seems to be very comparable in quality to the brit original though.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I meant to watch it, but didn't remember until it was too late.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Gonna watch it tonight, now that I have time.

I can only hope the remake is far, far, far, far better quality than the botched job that was Coupling.

Granted, Coupling wasn't stellar TV, but by god, it was funny and had some great one-liners.
                B♭3

Comment

Why would I want to spend my time watching a bunch of average morons in a ****ty job?

What kind of shows do you like watching? I mean, at least everyone can relate to the workplace, and idiot bosses.

Comment

I watched it last night, it was alright. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough for this type of humour . Too many long silences.

Next week's episode looks better. I just love the spot they run in the promos about the guy liking indian chicks, and the look on the indian chick's face right next to him.

Comment

I also want to see the part where the boss asks the mexian worker if he wants to be called something less offensive than mexican.

Comment

I liked the show too... but then I've always thought Steve Carrell was hilarious. And his character in this show is almost identical to his character in the Daily Show.

Comment

I guess the only problem is whether he can pull off what Gervais did in the British version, which is make the doofus, jerk boss into someone symphathetic.

Comment

oh I also liked the joke when the guy on the the speaker phone was aksing if the chick's carpet matched the drapes (I hope I got that saying right).

Comment

Last night was a pretty good episode (I had to tape it- just got done watching).

colored greens.

I can't imagine how many complaints this episode will get.

Comment

I taped it to (to watch The Amazing Race, take that Sava!), I will watch it tonight... maybe
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X