Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odin
    *jaw drops*

unfortunately, the DNA would be so degraded to be useless for phylogenetic analysis (evolutionary trees). The morphology will help us understand the physiology of higher theropods, though.
    I certainly would have agreed with you yesterday. But I wonder if given the right environment very long term degradation of DNA might turn out to be more complicated than we would expect.

Comment

It totally bowls me over that someone was actually looking for soft tissue in fossils! It's like the captain of the Golgafrinchans discovering soap after sending his crew out to find soap mines. This is the most surreall sci news I have ever seen.

Comment

T-rex finds scientist soft tissue
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Not to play god or anything but who here wouldn't love to see a T-Rex eat a cow or something. Just It walking would blow me away. What if its Black! Maybe even Light brown.

Nice!

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
            T-rex finds scientist soft tissue

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Why are you trying to turn this scientific discussion into a racially charged argument? Why? Can't we all just get along?

Comment

It couldn't be red, or yellow......Green seems to regular.... Mayby it's light orange with pink dots!!

Verto, I hope you're joking

Spec.

Comment

It is impossible to believe that soft tissue could be preserved for 70 million years, but possible to believe it could be preserved inside a thick fossilised bone in the much shorter time of ~4300 years since Noah's flood.

Comment

It is impossible to believe that soft tissue could be preserved for 70 million years
                    Not at all, sandstone is perfect for it because as a sedimentary rock it's subject to less geological pressures than other types. A contained, stable sterile environment will preserve its contents irrespective of time.

Sorry, 4300 years? You smoking something or do you just like attention?
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

at most this is 6000 years old...

God created the dinosaurs to playu with man, but then he killed them all/
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by trev
                        It is impossible to believe that soft tissue could be preserved for 70 million years, but possible to believe it could be preserved inside a thick fossilised bone in the much shorter time of ~4300 years since Noah's flood.

Edited: got rid of angery rant.
                        Last edited by Odin; March 25, 2005, 00:01.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Odin, you will get banned for that for sure. Chill out.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Odin you're a clever guy... leave the temper tantrums to the Christians. We got better arguments, better evidence, a better grasp of what we're saying, there's simply no need to get angry with others, as frustratingly obdurate as their idiocy might be.
                              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

and for god's sack, at least insult people in a manner that won't get you banned!
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X