[MLB] Predictions Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MLB] Predictions Thread

Because I'm bored, and because the season's about to start...

AL East: Boston, NYYankees (2 back), Baltimore (barely over .500), Toronto (barely under .500), Tampa Bay
    AL Central: Minnesota, Cleveland (no idea how far back, other than both will be above .500), Detroit (under .500), Kansas City, ChicagoWS (both stinking up the joint)
    AL West: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Oakland (by a one-game playoff), Texas (comfortably over .500), Seattle (barely under .500)
    AL WC: Yankees

NL East: Atlanta (I've learned to not bet against Schuerholz and Bobby Cox in favor of Ed Wade), Philadelphia (5-6 back), Florida, NYMets, Washington
    NL Central: St. Louis (see above, replace "Schuerholz and Bobby Cox" with "Walt Jocketty and Tony Larussa" and "Ed Wade" with "Dusty Baker and Jim Hendry"), ChiCubs (8 back), Houston (under .500, and clearly below the Cubs but above the rest of the division), Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh
    NL West: LA Dodgers, San Diego (by 7-8), San Francisco, Colorado, Arizona
    NL WC: Phillies

ALDS: Red Sox over Twins in 4, Angels over Yankees in 5
    NLDS: Cardinals over Braves in 3, Dodgers over Phillies in 5
    ALCS: Red Sox over Angels in 6
    NLCS: Dodgers over Cardinals in 7
    WS: Red Sox over Dodgers in 7.

AL MVP top 5: Manny Ramirez, Proven Gold Glover Captain Dreamboat, Vladimir Guerrero, Johan Santana, Eric Chavez.
    NL MVP top 5: Albert Pujols, Bobby Abreu, Aramis Ramirez, Jake Peavy, Scott Rolen
    AL CYA top 3: Johan Santana, Francisco Rodriguez, Randy Johnson. (with scattered support for Matt Clement, Roy Halladay, and Zack Greinke.)
    NL CYA top 3: Jake Peavy, Roy Oswalt, Eric Gagne (with the odd Ben Sheets vote thrown in).
    AL ROY: Nick Swisher (edging out Dallas McPherson and Felix Hernandez)
    NL ROY: Andy Marte (edging out Chris Burke)
    AL MOY: Eric Wedge
    NL MOY: Bruce Bochy

AL Gold Gloves
    C: Bengie Molina
    1B: Darin Erstad
    2B: Orlando Hudson
    SS: Proven Gold Glover Captain Dreamboat OMG HE JUMPED INTO THE STANDS TO CATCH A BALL LAST YAER LOLZ LETS GIEV HIM ALL TEH GOLD GLOVES LOLZ HES SO DREAMY LOLZ (and the sad thing is, that may be their actual thought process)
    3B: Eric Chavez
    OF: Ichiro!, Vernon Wells, Torii Hunter

NL Gold Gloves
    C: Brad Ausmus. I mean, there has to be some reason the Astros keep him around.
    1B: Albert Pujols
    2B: Chris Burke
    SS: Cesar Izturis
    3B: Scott Rolen
    OF: Jim Edmonds, Andruw Jones, Carlos Beltran

AL batting title: Manny Ramirez, .362
    AL HR title: David Ortiz, 47
    AL RBI titlle: David Ortiz, 161

NL batting title: Albert Pujols, .361
    NL HR title: Albert Pujols, 48
    NL RBI title: Aramis Ramirez, 146

AL wins leader: Johan Santana, 24
    AL ERA leader: Johan Santana, 1.85
    AL strikeouts leader: Randy Johnson, 283
    AL saves leader: Francisco Rodriguez, 54

NL wins leader: Jake Peavy, 20
    NL ERA leader: Jake Peavy, 2.50
    NL strikeouts leader: Ben Sheets, 290
    NL saves leader: Eric Gagne, 46

Number of articles Shaughnessy writes before he breaks down and starts crying in the corner: 5
    Number of times Tim McCarver will go out of his way to mention Captain Dreamboat jumping into the stands last year during broadcasts of Yankees/Red Sox games: Every second of every broadcast until Joe Buck goes berserk and throws McCarver out of the booth and onto the field below.
    Number of times David Wells will attempt to eat BK Kim: Once, successfully.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

I'll respond fully later, but THE PHILLIES as WC? Don't you know they always blow it?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yanks, Twins, Angels win their divisions.
      Braves, Cards, Giants win their divisions
      Wildcards: red sox, cubs

division series: Yanks - Twins (yanks take it)
      division series: Sox - angels (toss up, ill go with angels)
      division series: cards - giants (cards take it)
      division series: braves - cubs (cubs take it)

chamionship series: yanks - angels (yanks take it)
      championship series: cards - cubs (cubs take it)

world series: yanks - cubs (yanks take it)

although wouldnt it be something if two of the biggest rivalries in baseball met in the LCS (yanks-sox, cards-cubs)
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

AL East: NYY(easily), Bos(8+ GB, but a bit ahead of the rest), Tor, Bal(Neck and neck with TOR), TB (Just a few further back)

AL Central: Minnesota(easily with the weak division), CWS, DET, CLE(All of them will be very close together), KC(miles behind)

AL West: ANA(easily), Tex, (slightly above .500), OAK (a little below .500), SEA (a bit below .500)

WC: Bos.

NL East: ATL(until they fail you can't pick against them, FLA , PHI (Bowa was slightly to blame, but not completely), NYM(much better), Wash( City tries to renege on stadium)

NL Cent: Stl(Not as good as last year (Rolens and Edmonds come back to earth), CHC (Slightly better than last year), Cin (Get off to a great start), Hou (It really is time to rebuild guys), Mil (Not competitive yet), PIT (yikes)

NL West: SD, LAD(very tight race), SFG, (Bonds returns in early June - but isn't enough, some of their old veterans begin to tail off), ARI (Congrats your better), COL.

WC: Tight race as always, I want to but can't pick the Cubs, LAD or Fla. Cubs will lead the race going into Sept. For purposes of a pick LAD.

AL: ANA
        NL: StL
        WS: ANA

AL batting title: Ichiro Suzuki: .374
        AL HR title: Adrian Beltre: 48 HR
        AL RBI titlle: Vlad Guerrero: 148 RBI

NL batting title: Todd Helton: .352
        NL HR title: Adam Dunn: 50 HR
        NL RBI title: Albert Pujols: 130 RBI

AL wins leader: Randy Johnson: 23 Wins
        AL ERA leader: Johan Santana, 2.52
        AL strikeouts leader: Randy Johnson, 281
        AL saves leader: Fransisco Cordero 48

NL wins leader: Mark Mulder 19
        NL ERA leader: Ben Sheets, 2.54
        NL strikeouts leader: Ollie Perez, 278
        NL saves leader: Eric Gagne, 45

NL MVP: Albert Pujols
        AL MVP: Vlad Guererro
        Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Albert Pujols a Gold Glove? I don't think so
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

As they say Rawlings is based out of StL*. He's not a bad first baseman though. Half of the GG is won with the stick anyway.

* I know they don't decide the winners, but
            Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              I'll respond fully later, but THE PHILLIES as WC? Don't you know they always blow it?
              Aside from the three teams that I picked to win their divisions, I didn't think that there were any teams significantly stronger than the Phillies. The Padres, maybe.

As for Pujols winning the Gold Glove: I was basing that on what I thought were his Win Shares defensive numbers, without noticing that Todd Helton really is much better (not to mention Derrek Lee). Yeah, I goofed.
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Dbacks shouldn't be so bad this year, and in their division I think they could easily win it all. Not one team is going to be dominant, especially the Giants losing Bonds for who knows how long. A Glaus, Gonzo, Green trio can still hit despite how old they might be getting.
                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I didn't think that there were any teams significantly stronger than the Phillies.

Who is going to be their ace? Randy Wolf? Padilla? Milton? They'll find a way to blow it; they usually do.

---

AL East: Boston, NY Yankees, Baltimore, Toronto, Tampa Bay
                  AL Central: Cleveland, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago White Sox, Kansas City
                  AL West: Anaheim (not calling them LAA), Oakland, Texas, Seattle

AL WC: New York

AL MVP: Vlad Guerrero
                  AL BA: Ichiro Suzuki
                  AL HR: Mark Teixeira

AL Wins: Randy Johnson
                  AL ERA: Johan Santana
                  AL Saves: Mariano Rivera
                  AL K's: Randy Johnson

AL Manager of the Year: Eric Wedge, CLE

NL East: Atlanta, NY Mets, Philadelphia, Florida, Washington
                  NL Central: St. Louis, Chicago Cubs, Houston, Milwaukee, Cinncinati, Pittsburgh
                  NL West: San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Colorado

Wild Card: NY Mets

NL MVP: Scott Rolen
                  NL BA: Nomar Garciaparra
                  NL HR: Adam Dunn

NL Wins: Tim Hudson
                  NL ERA: Pedro Martinez
                  NL Saves: Billy Wagner
                  NL K's: Jason Schmidt

NL Manager of the Year: Jim Tracy, LA

AL Champion: Anaheim
                  NL Champion: Atlanta

World Series Champ: Anaheim
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

My Detroit Tigers will flirt with .500 ball before a September slump leaves them at 78-84.

Beyond that, who cares?
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                    X