Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you explain the Watford Gap to an American?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you explain the Watford Gap to an American?

I was trying to explain to a USer why people from up north are different to us people from down south, and brought up the Watford Gap thing.

He didn't understand it whatsoever.

Is there any real US equivalent?

Huh?
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

what?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I assume you mean something like the Mason-Dixon line?
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I fail to see what's the point here according to this.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watford_Gap
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

exsqueeze me?
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

baking powder?
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Ah I got it now. Yeah I'd say that the Mason-Dixon line is the American equivalent.
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Canada-US border.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                      Canada-US border.
                      No

Comment

Here's your American seperation:
                        Attached Files
                        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Dum****istan
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Does Elton John still own Watford FC?

Quite fitting really that he should own the team with the most gaudy strip in England.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                              I assume you mean something like the Mason-Dixon line?
                              "There is intelligent life beyond Watford Gap

THE May/June issue of the Institute of Travel and Tourism's 'journal' arrived this week including a flyer detailing a list of forthcoming events and training seminars.

There's one or two meetings in London; a barbecue in er... London; and numerous interesting events and lectures in some really popular place called London!

Apparently I must be the only Institute member with a business in north of England and therefore the lack of events in my neck of the woods should come as no surprise. Well there's no Ferrari on the drive, I've no country mansion and the bank manager stopped sending me Christmas cards years ago so I must assume that not all 15m holidaymakers who travel each year book through Ashton Travel Centre.

Contrary to popular belief, not all of us here wear flat caps and go whippet racing. I feel confident that any informative events in our locality would be well supported. "
                              Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                              X