Are you a morning person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a morning person?

My wife ain't. Talk to her in the morning and you will have your head ripped off. It has taken me nearly 10 years to get away with saying "morning" to her, and only getting growled at.

I, however, love the morning. I like the prospect of a new day and what it might bring. I hardly wake up tired, like many people, and I like the crispness of morning air.

I don't mind the evenings, but as I get tired I get more irritable, and even when I worked nights I still liked the morning hours over the evening hours.

So? What are you?
    Morning
    16.67%
    Mid-Day
    8.33%
    Evening
    29.17%
    Mid-Night
    25.00%
    The Banana Hour
    20.83%
    Monkey!!!

I like my peace and quiet in the morning and to be honest, I wouldn't notice if the roof had gone but I don't bite, just let me be and all will be fine.

Come 10PM I start to wake up though...
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'm not a grouch in the morning, but I definealty prefer the nightime, theres just more things to do...

Comment

NO! Don't talk to me in the morning. My ears are extra sensitive, so it actually hurts almost. All my senses are on extra super ultra, so don't touch me or show me anything either. In fact, better if you just vanish for the morning.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'm an afternoon kind of guy. There is still the freshness of morning, with a full day ahead, yet it's been a few hours since I've woken up, and I'm ready to get started.

Comment

Come to think about it, I don't think I could handle a 4 kids family school morning. Man, those things really scare me.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

What about a 4 kid family school evening? Homework, actual cooking (not just breakfast bars and cereal), soccer games, etc... too busy. Give me a beer and a remote and let me be.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I have discovered in recent years that I am a morning person...I work shifts...6-2 and I don't bat an eyelid...2-10 I'm screwed...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Im more of a night person Wake up round noon when I dont have to work, I am kinda quite in the wee hours until i get to work and wake up. on weekends when i dont have to work I can be a B**** when woken up at 8 am.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Is 8am a "wee" hour for you?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

* nods very explicitly and overdramatically *

Comment

I prefer to wake up at five in the afternoon and go to bed seven in the morning. I hate mornings, so I just sleep through them.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          Is 8am a "wee" hour for you?
                          On a saturday night after drinking most of the night and not going to bed till 3 am yep
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I really wish I was. My most productive hours seem to be from around 12am to 4am, so if I don't have a class, I usually won't wake up until 12pm at the earliest. And I don't fall asleep for around an hour after I get in bed, so I'm still not even getting eight hours.

I really hate it. The past few days I've been getting in bed at 10:30pm. But I won't fall asleep until 2am. So then I'm back on the same schedule. It blows.

Morning people

Me

Comment

When I was in Africa with no computer, I was very much a morning person. Up at sunrise, swim in the lake, cook some breakfast. In bed soon after sunset and eight or nine wonderful hours of sleep.

At home, without any calls on my time, I slip into a routine of going to bed at 4am and waking up at noon or later. Two days ago I somehow failed to sleep, and so I woke up at 5am and had a great morning. Within 48 hours I was waking up at 2pm again. It really sucks. I work much better in the late evening time anyway, but it does tend to interfere with things like morning classes.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X