Refried beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refried beans

Lordy, lordy, lordy. I went through my kitchen cabinets last night looking for things which have been sitting in there for ages with the intentions of using a few of the older things up. What should I find then some old dried pinto and red beans along with a bit of rice so I decide that I'll make some refried beans along with steamed rice and a few spices just to use the stuff up. Hours of boiling beans and steaming rice in a rice cooker is rewarded with some tasty bean and rice goulash type stuff which I've seasoned with a bunc of tabasco, chili powder, minced garlic, and butter. The stuff is great and I had it for both lunch and dinner yesterday but that is when the problems started.

All those beans are making me fart like no tomorrow. It doesn't smell to bad but there is enough gas for me to power a jet engine or at least create enough wind to power a sail boat. Where's the gas mask smilie when you need it?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

beansbeansthemagicalfruitthemoreyoueatthemoreyouto otthemoreyoutootthebetteryoufeelsoeatbeansforevery meal!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You forgot the lard.
      To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

Re: Refried beans

Originally posted by Oerdin
        All those beans are making me fart like no tomorrow.
        Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Beans, beans, good for the heart!
          The more you eat, the more you fart!
          The more you fart, the better you feel!
          So be sure to eat beans at every meal!

Comment

Beans for breakfast
            Pointless threads with TMI

Comment

You know you love it.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Guess its to late for beano.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

the beans, y'know, y'can tell if they're puttin stuff in it.
                  Attached Files
                  The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

After you soak the beans, discard the water. The oligosaccarides - complex sugars you cannot digest - are at least reduced. The bacteria in your gut fermenting those babies is why you get gas. Supposedly, if you eat beans often you get less gas.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

BUT I WANT TO FART...

and my gut tells me everybody else wants to also... but at least I'm honest about it
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                        After you soak the beans, discard the water. The oligosaccarides - complex sugars you cannot digest - are at least reduced. The bacteria in your gut fermenting those babies is why you get gas. Supposedly, if you eat beans often you get less gas.
                        Pfff, what's the point of eating beans if youre not gonna fart like hell?
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The latest surge of threads with descriptions of bowel movements in the OT is very disturbing to say the least.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            The latest surge of threads with descriptions of bowel movements in the OT is very disturbing to say the least.
                            well, better to be ABOUT ****, than FULL of ****, as some threads can be.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

While your saying is certainly witty, it's also just as certainly not true.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X