Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Baseball DRAFT THREAD 2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chill?
    chill as in cool.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Great

Gagne on the DL

Comment

• glad noone drafted alex sanchez

Sanchez first player busted under new policy
        Story Tools: Print Email
        Associated Press
        Posted: 1 hour ago

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Bay outfielder Alex Sanchez was suspended 10 days for violating baseball's new steroids policy, the first player publicly identified under the major leagues' tougher rules.

The suspension begins Monday when Tampa Bay opens its season against Toronto, the commissioner's office said Sunday.
        Under the new policy that took effect last month, steroids and other performance-enchancing substances are the only drugs to draw a 10-day suspension. Baseball officials and the players' union agreed they would not disclose the exact substance for which a player tests positive.

Sanchez said he was surprised by the suspension, adding that he uses milkshakes and multivitamins to build his energy - and blaming the positive test on something he bought over the counter.

"I'm going to fight it, because I've never taken steroids or anything like that," said Sanchez, who was released by Detroit in mid-March and signed by the Devil Rays.

Sanchez, 28, who hit .322 with 19 stolen bases in 79 games for the Tigers last season, said he was drug tested while he was with Detroit. He was to be the Devil Rays' center fielder on opening day.

Devil Rays general manager Chuck LaMar said the team would have no comment on the suspension.

"It's suprising," manager Lou Piniella said. "That's all I have to say on that."

Get MLB news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
        Last edited by asleepathewheel; April 3, 2005, 18:40.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
          glad noone drafted alex sanchez
          The Tampa Bay Devil Rays say Alex Sanchez has been suspended 10 days for violating major league baseball's steroid policy.

MORE TO COME
          Alex Sanchez? He of the four career home runs and .362 career slugging?
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

Alex Sanchez? He of the four career home runs and .362 career slugging?
            not money well spent

Comment

• Sanchez is also the burner and speed demon. Who says steroids is only for homers?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• i do.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                X