Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, my money is on Sandman.

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
      I thought they pretty much set up Peter's childhood friend (can't remember his name) returning as the Goblin at the end of Spiderman II?
      Not necessarily. After all, it did end with that guy basically saying 'I don't want to kill Peter'. Sure, he finds his dad's stash of stuff afterwards, but that doesn't mean he'll automatically change his mind. If anything, he might think, 'Huh, looks like Peter was right after all when he killed my dad'.

I believe that a few months ago the director said he hadn't made his mind up whether Peter's friend would be a bad guy in the next movie. I hope he isn't - it'd make for a more interesting story. Plus who wants to see the Goblin again?
      mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Yea, having the Goblin again so soon would suck, but... eh, they've already set up the story to it. I'm pretty sure that finding Norman's stash isn't going to lead Harry to reform. This is clearly a setup for GG2.

Though I suppose if they had to bring back the Goblin for this movie, and had Church as someone (Sandman maybe?! ) it could possibly work. Storywise at least. In the comic Sandman was a conflicted character. Starting out criminal, but later reforming his ways, and at times drifting back and forth. That definitely has the making of an interesting story. Plus with rumors out there about a Black Cat appearance, it could work, as in the comic the two of them (or was it Silver Sable? I forget) team up in kinda an ex-felon mercenary group.

So I'm thinking it starts out with Sandman doing random criminal stuff, and Spidey fighting him, and Harry slowly succumbing to the Goblin. Then GG2 emerges and starts doing dastardly things to Peter, and in the end Sandman reforms long enough to save Spider-Man from GG. Or vice-versa. I dunno, should be interesting.

As long as the movie can handle multiple villians. Sam was quite smart to keep things focused and allow the story to develop, and not walk down the path of the Batman movies and just throw all sorts of villians out there with little development.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          So I'm thinking it starts out with Sandman doing random criminal stuff, and Spidey fighting him, and Harry slowly succumbing to the Goblin. Then GG2 emerges and starts doing dastardly things to Peter, and in the end Sandman reforms long enough to save Spider-Man from GG. Or vice-versa. I dunno, should be interesting.
          While I think Harry will be bad for at least part of the movie, he'll probably turn good at the end and give Spidey a hand, no doubt dying in the process. I'd rather not have the Sandman turn good at the end, they did that in the last movie. I hope they have Michael Chabon on again to help with the writing for Spidey 3, I could definitely see his positive touch on 2.
          mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

Yea, I guess it'd make more sense for Harry to turn good than Sandman.

Comment

Working...
            X