No announcement yet.

I'll be ingesting about 5-6k calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and carbs = good for endurance sports. Why do you reckon people carb load before marathons, or boxers before fights. My main calorific intake is probably carbs, I'd say about 50-60%, 30% protein and rest fat i guess.

They load up on quality carbs like rice, pasta, etc. Pizza dough is trash food.

Comment

True, I'd not eat pizza in heavy training.. I eat pasta 5-6 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
        So's pasta. Pasta, and anything else made from Duram wheat, isn't a good form of carbs. Having said that, the quality of the carbs doesn't matter so much when it's starch and doesn't affect performance much. But pizza dough is just as good, nutritionally, as pasta.

Which reminds me, need to get back into training...
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

So's pasta. Pasta, and anything else made from Duram wheat, isn't a good form of carbs. Having said that, the quality of the carbs doesn't matter so much when it's starch and doesn't affect performance much. But pizza dough is just as good, nutritionally, as pasta.

Thats why you buy whole-grain/unbleached pastas.

Comment

A bit more on the topic, HOLY **** 6k calories a day!? Back when I was going to the weight room every day I was eating about 3k and thought that was a freakishly large amount. I had to force feed myself because I had no appetite after the first few days.
            I eat a lot normally. I have a fast metabolism.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
              Well I am a proper heavyweight rower i guess

I am guessing you're in a lightweight crew then? Or they not have those at HS level? Lightweights are nuts.. one guy i rowed with had a natural weight of 82kg but dieted down for races to 72kg.. wasn't too healthy imo.
              We don't precisely have lightweights, but I'm in that group, yeah.

6k is alot to eat (especially when you're Kuci size I guess), but 3500-4000 is easy, though slightly harder if you want it in nutritious food You got a nutritionist's program on what to eat?
              I usually eat a lot anyway. Most of the new calories are from pizza and stuff

Comment

Oh and carbs = good for endurance sports. Why do you reckon people carb load before marathons, or boxers before fights. My main calorific intake is probably carbs, I'd say about 50-60%, 30% protein and rest fat i guess.

I have sandwiches too.

EDIT: in fact, I just finished an after-rowing snack of a nice, fat ham sandwhich, orange juice and yogurt.

Comment

No kuci, I have a fast metabolism. you have a worm.

edit: come to think of it you are also a lot more active than I was when I went to the weight room. I only did about 10 minutes cardio a day, I was trying to gain weight.

Comment

Oh, I forgot, I'm getting a lot of carbs from the big pretzel rods I munch on throughout the day.

Comment

Fast metabolisms seem a pain. IN college I knew a short, wiry law student, maybe, MAYBE he wieghted 120 lbs- anyways, I was about 100lb heavier than him, and yet he ate twice as much as I did, if not more- because his metabolism was way too fast. The guy would have 4 or 5 chicken cutlets and tons of carbohydrates and milk and you name it- never gained an ounce.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

No, you're a teenager.

I used to eat twice as much as I do today.
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

When I was 16-17 I was eating ~4k calories a day. I'm under 2000 nowadays.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                            No, you're a teenager.
                            Same thing

Comment

I used to get 5 or 6 full plates when I went to a buffet.

Plus dessert...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X