I'll be ingesting about 5-6k calories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Alex Sieke (a kid on my team last year, on varsity) had something like a 6:12 and got recruited to Princeton - full scholarship, IIRC - with a 3.2 GPA (if that) he's at a 6:06 now
    True, but Xav's a lightweight. 6:27 while staying under 165lbs is pretty impressive, and involves more training that I can shake a stick at. He rowed a marathon (42k) the other day for charity, which is just insane.

And 6:12 get's a full scholarship? That might just about get you into our first XIII, though while at school it's pretty impressive I guess
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Remember he's a full year younger that high school grads on your side of the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
        Why would you want to row for 5 1/2 hours a day
        Good practice if he's ever abandoning a sinking ship?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Rowing

Rowing 5 1/2 hours daily ::
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

the the Hulkwalker
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

skywalker in a few weeks...
              Attached Files

Comment

Say... 15 calories at 5cm^3....

For 6k calories you'd need to injest 2000 cubic centimeters of *** a day! Or basically blow 400 guys a day.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

A bit more on the topic, HOLY **** 6k calories a day!? Back when I was going to the weight room every day I was eating about 3k and thought that was a freakishly large amount. I had to force feed myself because I had no appetite after the first few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

you have at least 70 lbs and 8" on me there
                    Well I am a proper heavyweight rower i guess

I am guessing you're in a lightweight crew then? Or they not have those at HS level? Lightweights are nuts.. one guy i rowed with had a natural weight of 82kg but dieted down for races to 72kg.. wasn't too healthy imo.

6k is alot to eat (especially when you're Kuci size I guess), but 3500-4000 is easy, though slightly harder if you want it in nutritious food You got a nutritionist's program on what to eat?

Comment

You got a nutritionist's program on what to eat?

Clearly he doesnt if hes eating pizza.

Comment

Not necessarily.. freshly prepared pizza is a pretty decent way to get calories in. As long as you don't go for the processed, deep pan junk, it's not unhealthy.

Comment

Not necessarily.. freshly prepared pizza is a pretty decent way to get calories in. As long as you don't go for the processed, deep pan junk, it's not unhealthy.

Unless hes going rowing right after eating all of that pizza it will just turn to fat. Pizza has a ton of cheese on it, cheese is almost all fat, fat most easily turns into fat.

not to mention all of those carbs he'll get from the crust

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                            I would be more impressed if you ingested 500-600 calories daily.

I've done it (for only a couple days), and it isn't easy.
                            I've gone two days without eating anything. Then I get a massive headache...
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Unless hes going rowing right after eating all of that pizza it will just turn to fat. Pizza has a ton of cheese on it, cheese is almost all fat, fat most easily turns into fat.

not to mention all of those carbs he'll get from the crust
                              True but as he said it was lunch and he had 2.5hrs of rowing afterwards in the afternoon, it's pretty safe to assume that won't matter that much for him Also the amount of cheese on pizza is very controllable.

Comment

Oh and carbs = good for endurance sports. Why do you reckon people carb load before marathons, or boxers before fights. My main calorific intake is probably carbs, I'd say about 50-60%, 30% protein and rest fat i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X