Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masochism.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
      Masochism. It's the only reason.
      Or maybe to get somewhere?

Lazy Bastards!!

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I don't mind a few minutes' rowing down the gym, but to do it for hour after hour is just nuts.

Comment

Well we do it on the water Good to hear you're still rowing Kuci, think I mentioned before I row as well.

Don't think I've ever managed 5-6000 kcals, in the weeks leading upto big races and 25-30hr a week I might get to 4k or so.

My 2k PB last year was 6:20.7, but i blew dramatically last time i did one (last week) and only got 6:45ish.. I am older and heavier (i hope) than you though, at 6'6" and 220lbs.

Comment

Lightblue: How's the Cambridge crew looking this year? Looking forward to a hell of a race...
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

They're looking pretty damn good really. I know Buschbacher a bit, as i have gotten drunk with him and Nate Kirk from last years crew a few times. They're good guys.

On paper it looks a very close race, and i think it might be. Last year was a bit of a trashing, which though fun is a bit anti-climatic if you got one crew ahead by 4 lengths for 2/3s of the race.

I am going to go down to the Henley Boatraces on the Saturday as some of my friends are racing the CUWBC and the CUWLRC boats. Then off to the London for the night and a day of much greasy food and drinking on the Sunday.

Comment

its good excersize
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Eating 5k + calories a day
                  I do that most every day

And rowing, while it may be boring, will make you HUGE. It's hard work.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

He is obviously rowing 5.5 hours so he can eat 6k calories. Duh.
                    I changed my signature

Comment

Kuckwalker is ripped
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Sounds utterly boring...there has to be something more interesting you can do surely?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                          Actually, that's about what I can do. Though I struggle on anything over 500m I'm just amazed when Xav goes off and does a 6:27
                          Alex Sieke (a kid on my team last year, on varsity) had something like a 6:12 and got recruited to Princeton - full scholarship, IIRC - with a 3.2 GPA (if that) he's at a 6:06 now
                          Last edited by Kuciwalker; March 21, 2005, 21:00.

Comment

I would be more impressed if you ingested 500-600 calories daily.

I've done it (for only a couple days), and it isn't easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                              Sounds utterly boring...there has to be something more interesting you can do surely?
                              Rowing is AWESOME. It's not boring at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
                                Well we do it on the water Good to hear you're still rowing Kuci, think I mentioned before I row as well.

Don't think I've ever managed 5-6000 kcals, in the weeks leading upto big races and 25-30hr a week I might get to 4k or so.

My 2k PB last year was 6:20.7, but i blew dramatically last time i did one (last week) and only got 6:45ish.. I am older and heavier (i hope) than you though, at 6'6" and 220lbs.
                                you have at least 70 lbs and 8" on me there

Comment

Working...
                                X