Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting New Computer - Need Help on Buying Parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes yes.. 6600GT will be fine I don't know several years though, but for quite a bit still. And yes, 6800GT will go down in price, and it becomes the wanted one. As for me, I'd wait a bit for it to come down as well, but I would not buy an older card so that I could buy a new card in a year or so. THat's why I say 6600GT is the minimum, because you can have it for a while and not have to upgrade it soon. I don't see other cards lower than that being in the same position, but that's just me, it's not a fact, it's just personal opinion..
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sorry I was mad earlier. It is just that I have been dumped. Anyways, the 6800 should come down in price once the 6950 Ultra comes out.. and it should be pretty soon...
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

You were mad? Nah, no worries, I didn't even notice. I'm used to heated battles in the computer world .

Yeah I'm waiting for that too myself, because I'm getting a new one myself, and I've had my eyes on that for a while now.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Gian. It must have been a bad week, take care of yourself
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
            Sorry to hear that Gian. It must have been a bad week, take care of yourself
            Just one bad thing after another...
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Ups and downs, as hard as it is to think of it so coldly now, things do improve and its because of times like these that we end up appreciating them. You'll be alright dude
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                No, 6600GT IS the minimum.
                You are insane. No game developer will straddle himself with such silliness. Doing so is just committing financial suicide.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You are insane. No game developer will straddle himself with such silliness. Doing so is just committing financial suicide.
                  fine then... go buy a geforce fx 5200, have fun playing on 640x480 with minimum settings getting 30 fps...
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    fine then... go buy a geforce fx 5200, have fun playing on 640x480 with minimum settings getting 30 fps...
                    You get less than 30fps in films, yet I don't see people complain about them.

Your TV has much less resolution than 640x480 and has a lower frame rate than 30fps. Have you stopped watching it?
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

You get less than 30fps in films, yet I don't see people complain about them.
                      you obviously aren't much of a gamer then
                      Your TV has much less resolution than 640x480 and has a lower frame rate than 30fps. Have you stopped watching it?
                      I don't watch that much TV. But watching TV on my PC, I can definitely tell the difference between lower quality broadcasts and HDTV.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you obviously aren't much of a gamer then
                        Subjective difference isn't very convincing. Now if there is any sort of academic research in the area, that would be a much better piece of evidence.

Comment

Subjective difference isn't very convincing. Now if there is any sort of academic research in the area, that would be a much better piece of evidence.
                          why do we need "academic research"?

Simple anecdotal experiences are quite enough.

It's like the difference between driving a Yugo then a Ferrari... I don't need research to tell me which experience is better.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's like the difference between driving a Yugo then a Ferrari... I don't need research to tell me which experience is better.
                            Yeah, it's the same when you get stuck in a traffic jam.

Comment

Yeah, it's the same when you get stuck in a traffic jam.
                              not when you are sitting in a nice leather chair listening to your favorite music on a killer sound system...
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

not when you are sitting in a nice leather chair listening to your favorite music on a killer sound system...
                                Nothing prevents you putting a killer sound system inside a Yugo. Leather upholstery has been found to be less than satisfactory - cold in the winter, hot in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X