Greenspan says 2001 Tax Cuts were a mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Type in Bush election victories.. and job growth and you will be told otherwise.
    Job growth??? Those Heritage Foundation numbers are pure bunk, Bush is the first President since Hoover to lose jobs in his first term.

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic

Job growth??? Those Heritage Foundation numbers are pure bunk, Bush is the first President since Hoover to lose jobs in his first term.
      Excellent selective thinking... are you speaking about job growth numbers several months before the election? Because Bush actually had a net gain in his first time, bimbo.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Why anyone ever listened to Greenspan is beyond me.

Getting a friend of Ayn Rand's to run anything guarantees fanaticism and irrationality.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          What's wrong with paying off our foreign debt too quickly?

If there were a massive earthquake in Tokyo, our economy would collapse. We are one certain disaster away from economic failure. Japan would have to call in their debts in order to pay for the emergency. I don't like being held hostage to the Earth moving below Tokyo.
          Not to mention their ongoing monster problems!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            What's wrong with paying off our foreign debt too quickly?
            It would be inflationary unless of course the Fed counteracted the effects with their own policy. Greenspan definitely makes political comments sometimes.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
              The tax cuts were actually good for the economy
              There were no tax cuts. Taxes were merely delayed until the next generations, to be paid back...with interest.

I call it the baby tax. "Welcome to Earth, baby. This is the U.S.A. It's hot in summer, cold in winter, and by the way, you owe forty thousand dollars in back taxes."

Comment

I'm sure Greenspan is still enjoying his kickbacks.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

There were no tax cuts. Taxes were merely delayed until the next generations, to be paid back...with interest.

I call it the baby tax. "Welcome to Earth, baby. This is the U.S.A. It's hot in summer, cold in winter, and by the way, you owe forty thousand dollars in back taxes."
                  Keep claiming that liberal.

At least I'm not the one who voted for that ******** Antonio in the muncipal elections..
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

hahaha gian cares about local politics
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                    X