I want to start Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber

Do you realize that Armstrong has been tested randomly and by suprise frequently? Until a test turns up positive, I will take with a huge grain of salt any claims by some physiotherapist.
    it would help if you read the evidence I posted...

But at the Tour de France in 1999 he failed a test for the corticosteroid triamcinolone - a banned substance which is found in some medicines and creams - although cycling's ruling body the UCI did not sanction him for the offence.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

sava, that was for a topical creme for saddle rash. im not a fan of lance or the hype but it seems in this cases it was ok.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

he sued the author of LA confidential for libel
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          it would help if you read the evidence I posted...

I did-- one positive test that brought no sanctions right ???

A cream for a rash right??
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            he sued the author of LA confidential for libel
            and didn't win

MRT, I don't know the specifics of that instance. All I know is that he tested positive for a banned substance.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

sava, its funny that you ask people to read the evidence and then you dont investigate it fully. dont pull a drake or dino
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

MRT, I don't know the specifics of that instance. All I know is that he tested positive for a banned substance.
                The fact that there were no sanctions in a sport where bannings and suspensions are generally given out should have clued you in to the seriousness of the "offense"

I can't state that he's clean . . . perhaps somehow he knows how to beat tests that come randomly dozens of times per year--
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

or perhaps he just trains for the tour and thats what hes good at.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    or perhaps he just trains for the tour and thats what hes good at.

THats my belief-

He trains only for the Tour and has a team that spends a lot of money to build a team focused on winning the Tour.

I don't think any other team has this strong a focus

Comment

team discovery channel has never been so funny now!

Comment

I dont know much about lance armstrong, but I do know about my nuts, and my crown jewels shrink up like Im in the arctic after a long ride. That would probably be enough to get me worrying about cancer if they werent the part of my body I screen most often
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Cycling causes impotency.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                            heres how you get good.

1. for the first 500 km or so, put the bike in the lowest gear (1, 1) and pedal. work on keeping your legs cycling at the same rate. dont go crazy fast, but dont go very slow slow either. go at a regular slow pace.

2. once you have done that, then you are ready to go, your body knows at what speed your legs must be pumping at.

3. this sets you up, because to be a good biker, you must maintain the same speed of your legs no matter what the incline is. change gears immediatly as you feel your rotations per minute dropping. this keeps your legs and heart fresh, and you can go for miles and miles up or downhill, no matter what.

4. bring power bars, and water with you.
                            Learning about Cadence really changed the way I cycled. I went from a top gear grinder to something far more comfortable on my knees. I learnt to use my gears a lot more efficiently as well.
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                            X