Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your middle name?

Originally posted by Agathon
    Middle names are generally disgusting and shameful, unless your first name is something like "Reginald" in which case using your middle name as your name saves you a visit to the courthouse.

I wonder what atrocities have been visited on other Apolytoners.

What did your folks do to you?

My folks did 'Patrick' - big shock, as they were Irish Catholics. My confirmation name is Lawrence.

I have a niece whose middle name is Grey and a nephew whose middle name is Morgan.

And another niece whose first name is Morwenna and a nephew whose first name is Tristan. They're Cornish.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I have two middle names, which I will not volunteer.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
        Fortunately, I don't have Joseph. A lot of people here have either Mary (for girls) or Joseph (for boys).
        Joseph

All my kids have Joseph for a middle name too
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Felix Ann

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            I have no middle name, fortunately...
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

However, if I'd have had a middle name it would have been Gavin...but don't tell anyone, it's a secret...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have no 'middle name'. Russians just use their father's name. So mine is Alexandrovich (after Alexander).

I do have 'several' private names since my parents couldn't decide, and then my friends invented so many nicknames that everyone else began to use.

Comment

damnit i wanted to say "danger swinger".
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Felix Ann
                    Alva, I was under the impression that you were male...

Comment

Mine´s Rolf Erik. Rolf after my father, Erik after my grandfather on my mothers side.
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Alva, I was under the impression that you were male...
                        Why, you interested...big boy!!

Seriously, it used to be tradition for the middle names, to take the first name of both godfather and godmother.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Mine is David, which is my father's first name. No, we're not Russian.
                          I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

for my kids in order we have joshua steven, jessica nicole and christian daniel
                            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Mine is Kerry
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Mine is misspeled.

Isreal.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X