X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil capitalists call Castro rich!

Of course he says he isn't
    Blah

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

so i guess Bush owns America, right? The Family has been in control all these years it's almost the same as Castro...

forbes
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Oh Mark... we can always count on you for idiotic posts .

Yeah, because having a party in a democracy in charge for a long time (12 years at most!) is the same as being a dictator for 50 years?

Castro is just mad that someone found out that he's a rich stinking bastard.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

How well does Castro live compared to other people in the world? other Cubans?
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he was quite wealthy, but the methodology for calculating his wealth seems highly suspect as best. Previously - basing it on a certain percentage of Cuban GDP??? Now - assuming he owns some companies, and then comparitively valuing those companies against other companies that are publically traded??? WTF?
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Well, when you are a totalitarian dictator, you ulitimately own all state run corporations. I mean during the old USSR era, it wasn't like the Communist Party bosses in the Soviet Union were living like the ordinary people.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Well, when you are a totalitarian dictator, you ulitimately own all state run corporations. I mean during the old USSR era, it wasn't like the Communist Party bosses in the Soviet Union were living like the ordinary people.
                Using that parameter, I'm sure his net worth would be much higher than $550 million based on their valuation techiniques. Which is why I find the whole thing to be pie-in-the-sky crap.
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned

Comment

Then how would you decide his wealth? I'm sure he won't let you look at his bank accounts.

Comment

It's like saying power = wealth, and that's true in a way, but then it's not true in a way.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                      How well does Castro live compared to other people in the world? other Cubans?
                      I don't think he has any Saddam style palaces, but then I doubt he ever has his needs unmet.

Comment

an American magazine of decaying credibility

Fidel lives pretty frugally. Certainly less lavishly that Bush and probably on the level of the New Zealand Prime Minister.

If you'd watched Ollie Stone's film about him (which you can't in the "free" USA) you'd know.

That is a daft way of measuring his wealth though. I bet that there are plenty of Apolytoners who are wealthier than Fidel.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Then how would you decide his wealth? I'm sure he won't let you look at his bank accounts.
                          I wouldn't bother - I'd just say it's indeterminable rather than throwing out a crap number that seems to be for little else than getting the hackles up of both Fidel Castro and the west in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                            If you'd watched Ollie Stone's film about him (which you can't in the "free" USA) you'd know.
                            It's on video. I don't know if you can find it at the major chains though.

edit: Actually that might be a different movie that I'm thinking of.
                            Last edited by Kidlicious; March 18, 2005, 12:32.

Comment

The best part about this is he's considering suing Forbes.
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                              X