SXSW Film/Music Festival Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXSW Film/Music Festival Austin

I'm here in Austin, Tx for the festival.
    Movies I've seen.
    Hooligans
    The Puffy Chair
    Four eyed monster
    cl.one
    Fall to grace
    Cavite
    Shooting Livien
    waterborne

I have to say it's all good. cl.one is borderline. I hope four eyed monster, waterborne, and Puffy chair make at least to video so I can purchase. Hooligans won the top jury and audience award. It's stars Elijah Wood so I'm sure it'll be coming to a theatre near you.

Too many music groups to name.

Alamo Cinema Drafthouse, Dobie Theatre, and Paramount are great theatres.

Green Mesquite and Sam's great barbecue.

6th st bars are cool.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Cool, you're still in Austin?

Given my lack of money, I stick to the free shows. Didn't see anything good today. But got me plenty drunk (first day of spring break that I don't have the flu ).
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

You couldn't stop in San Antonio and say hello?

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm going to be in Austin until sunday. I'm travelling back to Portland, Tx through San Antonio.
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I'm going to catch Erykah Badu and Saul Williams.
          Recommend some clubs for Friday.

Comment

depends on what you're looking for. toni price plays the continental tuesdays if memory serves me correctly.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

The problem(imho) with the music festival is that the booklets/schedules don't give you an idea of what type of music is playing at each local. It does tell you what type of music each artist plays in the directory of artists but I gave up on sifting through all the artists to find the few styles of music that interest me. alternative, rap, reggae, spoken word and soul.

Comment

Working...
              X