No announcement yet.

Fat Polytubbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest problem for me (so far) is the wear and tear on joints and it's much harder to play sports like soccer and volleyball (landing after a few hits is a ***** on the knees).
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
      Arnold competed at around 250 lbs at ~4-5% bodyfat. I'm not competition lean, I'm just not fat i.e. no paunch, no obvious excess. If I was to powerlift again I'd drop to around 200 in competition and be quite lean.

EDIT: like I said I dont float in fresh water at all. Fat floats and increases bouyancy.
      You'll float because you have lungs filled with air and an intestinal track filled with gas.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

When you sport a 46 inch chest and 18 inch neck, the simple laws of physics would suggest that unless that you're some sort of human/helium hybrid, you're going to weigh more. So get over it.
        The only way to have a 46 inch chest and an 18 inch neck is to have lots of muslce, hence overweight, because again, this is simply a measure of your deviation from the ideal.

Such as person is overweight.

Maybe people have not figured this out:

Overweight=/unfit. It simply means you weight more than the ideal weight for someone your height.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
          its a fact - the bigger you are, no matter for what reason, the more your heart needs to pump blood, the quicker it will get worn out on average, and the sooner you will die. what you eat has of course a part in how long you live, but two people who eat the same stuff, both are fit, but one is larger will end up dead first on average.
          interesting point. I don't think I've ever seen an old bodybuilder. Though Arnold is going strong in his 60's. And he even took steroids.

It's really hard to say steroids are harmful when it hasn't had any adverse effect on Arnold Swarchenegger.

Comment

well, thats hard to say. only maria knows the size of his balls.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
              Though Arnold is going strong in his 60's. .
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

21.9 and I have a beer belly.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why the hell do you need a BMI calculator for? Strip naked and look at yourself in the mirror. If you look like Fat Albert, it's not good. If you need a bro or a manssiere, it's not good either. If you have a beer belly, again it's not good. Sorry Rah!
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

BMI is the biggest bull**** ever invented

Comment

I'm not obese, or even 'chubby'. There's no account taken for muscle.
                      I have the same problem. I have a "normal weight", but I am actually pretty fat, and I have very little muscle. If I was exercizing as much as I should, I'd definitely become "overweight" by this standard, despite being healthier.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                        well, thats hard to say. only maria knows the size of his balls.
                        who cares about the size of their balls?

Comment

18 and decidedly not overweight.
                          BMI of 18, that is.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

in the navy we did a quick calculation for body fat percentage. It was measured using waste size, neck size, and height.

I don't know if that was any more accurate. But muscalur guys with thick necks tended to fare better. I have a thin neck, so it listed my body fat percentage as 22% once (which is borderline obese). People still *****ed about that sytem as well as not being accurate.

Comment

The biggest problem for me (so far) is the wear and tear on joints and it's much harder to play sports like soccer and volleyball (landing after a few hits is a ***** on the knees).
                              Soccer? Volleyball? With your stats I'm surprised you can stand up.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

1.77 meter and 63 kg, which gives me a healthy bmi of 20.1

Life is good...
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X