Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Polytubbies

An offshoot of Oerdin's thread:

So, is this community of Net jockeys full of fatties, or full of healthy young bodies??

Here is the Body Mass Index calculator:

So, are your under, normal, or overweight? Perhaps Obese?

Be honest in the poll, if your BMI is 25.1, you are overweight, it does not matter is your only .2 there.

Underweight
    10.77%
    Normal weight
    47.69%
    Overweight
    30.77%
    Obese
    10.77%
    Little wimp forced to flee to the Banana option
    0.00%
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

2 years ago, I was quite fit... 190 lbs...

now, I'm about 235
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hmmm...26.3. A bit into the overweight category, which can be confirmed by yours truly by looking at a mirror. No surprise there.

But I'm not worried. I eat as I always have, and my weight has stayed the same for three years now. What made my weight go up was the fact that I quit smoking, so it's probably a good thing.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I can be honest I am a little underweight. I am 5 11 and weigh 145. And have no healthy habits other then I swim when I can. I used to on a swim team and now that I dont do that anymore, the team, I still like to get out and do my laps to try and stay in shape.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

6'1" @ 205 pounds. I could stand losing a good 10 pounds but I'm not terribly fat.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am now... last full scale medical I had (4 years ago) had me rated as half a stone under. So I'm not too unhappy about it.
            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

The calculator will tell what you are- 5 11 and 145 is probalby normal weight, not underweight.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                The calculator will tell what you are- 5 11 and 145 is probalby normal weight, not underweight.
                that calculator is bull****... it doesn't take into account your build...
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  6'1" @ 205 pounds. I could stand losing a good 10 pounds but I'm not terribly fat.
                  You'd still be overweight losing 10 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    that calculator is bull****... it doesn't take into account your build...
                    Build is immaterial to the definiton.

Overweight is a measure of how far form the median you are. Build is nowhere in the definiton.

Suck it up fellow obese polytubby.

Comment

I guess Im normal then. All my nursing books state I should weigh bout 160
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                          I guess Im normal then. All my nursing books state I should weigh bout 160
                          I think it's a standard deviation- 160 might be the ideal, but the average can fall anywhere within say 15 lbs up or down. Go beyond that and you are either under or overweight.

For example, 5 11 and 175 is normal

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Build is immaterial to the definiton.

Overweight is a measure of how far form the median you are. Build is nowhere in the definiton.

Suck it up fellow obese polytubby.
                            my point is that the BMI calculator is inaccurate... you can't figure out someone's % of body fat just based on their height and weight.

It's stupid.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Here's the problem with the BMI

5'7"
                              220lbs
                              BMI 34.5

I'm not obese, or even 'chubby'. There's no account taken for muscle.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X