Beretta and the Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta and the Wolf

So, no thread about Robert Blake being found innocent?
    The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

No thread about Bush nominating Paul Wolfowitz to be president of the World Bank?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Link #1 = Who?

Link #2 = Boo
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Wolfowitz thread

"I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Robert Blake goes free.. another murderer walks free.

Well at least Scott Peterson got the death penalty.. won't see that till 2025.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
          Wolfowitz thread

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=130812
          People and their non-sensical thread names!
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

the death penalty is wrong.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
              the death penalty is wrong.
              NO it isn't. Letting people go is wrong and letting people get off with easy life sentences is wrong.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

our justice system is about justice. the death penalty is about vengence. vengence has no space in a justice system.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

He got death in Cali. From what is reported on the news, that means he will die of old age in jail.

He got lucky... getting Death means he gets isolated. No having Bubba as a snuggle buddy. Well, except for his 45 days in orientation. The new services have covered that in some gleeful detail.
                  -Darkstar
                  (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                    NO it isn't. Letting people go is wrong and letting people get off with easy life sentences is wrong.
                    The easiest way to dismiss pro-Death Penalty arguements is simply this: Dead men learn no lessons. Like LoA said, the DP has nothing to do with punishment, it is simply vengence. The only time that killing the criminal should be acceptable is in the heat of the moment of a life-or-death situation where it is either you or him. Once the police arrive and take them into custody, they must face justice not the sweet release of death. They must be made to suffer the consequences of their actions for the rest of their natural life, not given a free "No More Responsibilities, Ever" card.
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The Death Penalty helps the community feel better. "We done something. Justice is done!" It's got nothing to do with teaching lessons.

You can dismiss the entire criminal legal system if your goal is either rehabilitation or "being a deterrant". Because it is neither.

The best argument against the Death Penalty is that it *costs* more to keep a Death Row inmate alive (for however long he or she lives) then it is to simply imprison them for life with no parole.

Man has never meted out "justice". We will be incapable of doing so until we can read the minds of the accused, and those involved. It isn't justice to punish an innocent person for a crime they didn't commit. Nor to overly punish accidents nor to lightly punish pre-meditated intention.
                      -Darkstar
                      (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

psst... you're talking to fez here. or in his general direction anyway...
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

The easiest way to dismiss pro-Death Penalty arguements is simply this: Dead men learn no lessons. Like LoA said, the DP has nothing to do with punishment, it is simply vengence. The only time that killing the criminal should be acceptable is in the heat of the moment of a life-or-death situation where it is either you or him. Once the police arrive and take them into custody, they must face justice not the sweet release of death. They must be made to suffer the consequences of their actions for the rest of their natural life, not given a free "No More Responsibilities, Ever" card.
                          You didn't dismiss the pro-death penalty argument. You people are just beyond anything I can comprehend. I think that execution is the best way to go to get rid of first degree murderers. I think you anti-death penalty crackpots (who 75% of the American people disagree with) do not have any case to begin with. This is no argument against the death penalty. In fact it is just simply a cop-out. And it certainly is not vengence. That's a logical error anti-death penalty people make all the time. It is all about punishment.

Well hey you guys are perfectly fine with murdering unborn babies..

"The best argument against the Death Penalty is that it *costs* more to keep a Death Row inmate alive (for however long he or she lives) then it is to simply imprison them for life with no parole."

Even that doesn't hold as it has been found LWOP (life without parole) costs an average of $1 million more then the death penalty for whichever person.
                          Last edited by Giancarlo; March 17, 2005, 06:20.

Comment

I don't think Californians are smart enough to serve on juries. First O.J., and now this.

Comment

Blake walked because they used a classic defense:

"Some people need shootin'."
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X