Keep your trash on that side of the pond, d'mmit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    In 50 years he's going to look at least as bad as Mussolini does now, if not worse - his appalling environmental policies will be enough for that. I dio that think Wolfowitz has the same moral character as Himmler.
    I think that in 100 years W. will be like Grover Cleaveland, with people barely remembering him. The lefties are freaking out about W. as bad as the Repubs freaked out about Clinton. In the end, neither of them will be very historically significant.

I have to disagree with you about the Wolfowitz/Himmler comparison. I hate neo-conservatism, but even it's most insidious forms can't compare to genocide. Himmler was the head of the SS, for crying out loud. Comparing those two is hyperbole.
    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

This is GREAT!!
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Comparing those two is hyperbole.

Yeah, really...
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff

I think that in 100 years W. will be like Grover Cleaveland, with people barely remembering him. The lefties are freaking out about W. as bad as the Repubs freaked out about Clinton. In the end, neither of them will be very historically significant.
          I think Bush is more comparable to Mckinley.

USS Maine = 9/11
          Cuba = Iraq
          Yellow Journalism = Fox and Rush Limbaugh

Comment

Not a bad comparision.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, but McKinley really didn't want war.. he was pushed into it by the yellow journalism. Teddy was the one that wanted the war.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Wolfowitz

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

:sigh:

Its good to know though Bush will leave no real policy legacy- his policies will get dropped like a stone the second he is out, unless Jeb gets the office.

Of course, we will be in damage control for a while.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    Which will cause greater angst, Wolfie as head of WB or John Bolton for UN Ambassador?

Bush is quickly becoming my favorite President of all time, solely from a comedy standpoint. It's like he's conciously striving to make lefty heads explode...
                    You are right about Mr Bush being comical. The joke is on him, however.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Let me add, I think chosing a man with a track record of making massive planning mistakes at the head of anything is a piss poor choice. He was wrong on troop levels, he was wrong on cost of reconstruction...yeah, lets bring that rigor to the World Bank....
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        Let me add, I think chosing a man with a track record of making massive planning mistakes at the head of anything is a piss poor choice. He was wrong on troop levels, he was wrong on cost of reconstruction...yeah, lets bring that rigor to the World Bank....

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                          Which will cause greater angst, Wolfie as head of WB or John Bolton for UN Ambassador?
                          Yeah, they should have gotten Roose Bolton, that'd get the pansies at the UN toesing the line
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                            I love how Bono's name was being bantied about for this position (like it ever would have happened). Talk about going in the opposite direction!
                            Cheney was holding out for The Edge, so Wolfowitz was a compromise.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I have to disagree with you about the Wolfowitz/Himmler comparison. I hate neo-conservatism, but even it's most insidious forms can't compare to genocide. Himmler was the head of the SS, for crying out loud.

I said he has the same character. A weedy, sheep-hearted little man with no morals.

Sounds about right to me.

I laughed at this morning's headlines: "Mixed Reaction to Wolfowitz Candidature."

No. Not a mixed reaction at all: loathing and disbelief by almost everyone outside the US.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

From the Beeb's comment site

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

About two pro Wolfowitz people (both Yanks) and the rest are haters.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X