No announcement yet.

Happy St. Paddy's Day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good punch line, it was looking to be a bad joke, but redeemed itself in the end.

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It just wouldn't be a proper St. Paddy's Day thread without a picture of...
        Attached Files
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Well, I drank until I stopped... I only had about 4 large doubles, but having a sober driver was a good idea. I did get several associates inebriated though...
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

IIRC, the Welsh weren't in Wales at the time, but still in Southern Scotland.

Briton is likely more accurate.

Or not.

" Though Patrick's birthplace is debatable, most scholars seem to agree that he was born in the area of southeastern Scotland known as Strathclyde, a former Celtic kingdom and Welsh-speaking at the time.

(However, a few scholars continue to regard St. David's in Pembrokeshire as the saint's birthplace; the tiny city was formerly directly in the path of missionary and trade routes to Ireland). "

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
            X