Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MicroATX Motherboards

I have no experience with these. So...

1) Will this fit fine into a regular ATX case, or do I need to buy a special Mini Tower for it?
    2) http://www.asrock.com/product/product_k7s41gx.htm <- I plan on buying this for US$30... what should I know about it (planning to put a Sempron in it).

Thanks for any help.

A microATX mobo will fit in a regular ATX case...

That motherboard may be of poor quality. Integrated Video is something I would avoid for anything other then just a typing and basic internet machine.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I think my video card would be faster than that system.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hey, I'm fixing up a $5 PC I picked up

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
          Hey, I'm fixing up a $5 PC I picked up
          $5? What did it originally have lol?
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

That motherboard may be of poor quality. Integrated Video is something I would avoid for anything other then just a typing and basic internet machine.
            Wouldn't the AGP port override that?

Comment

$5? What did it originally have lol?
              14" monitor, keyboard, mouse, sunburnt case (I really want to spray it black), Pentium 120MHz, 32MB RAM, 1GB HDD... you get the idea

Comment

Wouldn't the AGP port override that?
                It has one? Then yes it would. Just disable the integrated video. Just have the video card in it before you disable it.

Wow.. that's quite a deal for $5...

Comment

Thanks Giancarlo

Like I said, I have no experience with MicroATX motherboards, and not much at all with motherboards in general, so any pointers are very much appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Giancarlo

Like I said, I have no experience with MicroATX motherboards, and not much at all with motherboards in general, so any pointers are very much appreciated.
                    Yeah the MicroATX motherboard will fit in ATX.. just make sure you have all the screw holes corresponding with the motherboard tray and motherboard set correctly...

Comment

Asrock is the budget line of Asus, so the quality should be okay.

You can always use a good power supply, though.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Ive got an Asrock in my system at the moment, no complaints here.

Comment

Working...
                        X