Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grants Association BS

Be on a look out for this scam:

I just got a call from these guys and was about to do it.. and when I saw this I just hung up. I just want to warn you guys about this (especially those in California).. if you get a call from them hang up immediately.

I'm so ****ing pissed they almost talked me into doing it, and I just hung up saying "go **** yourself and your stupid scam, call me again and I'll report you to the proper authorities".

That was close. I was tired from a hard day in classes and was not up to full speed, but once I saw this website my eyes opened up and I got real mad. A ****ing offshore scam.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Oops some of it got cut off..

Sorry about that..
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

"we are compramised."
      *s*******
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
        "we are compramised."
        *s*******
        It still is a scam... no matter what typo is on there.. and the response seems to be well written.

Oh and by the way, they wanted to charge me $299, not just $199. ****ers. If I find these people I swear...

Comment

This sounds more corny than the Nigerian email...

Comment

For those too lazy:

The Grants Association ripoff Sacremento California *Consumer Suggestion ..scam what to do

Company
            The Grants Association
            Address:
            Thegrantsassociation.com
            Sacremento California
            U.S.A.
            Phone Number:
            877-4081400
            Fax:

My husband was contacted by a person (foriegn) that stated we were gauranteed to recieve grant money in the amount of $5,000. He told him all he had to do was pay for the packet, sum of which was $199.95.

This voice on the phone proceeded to ask if we had a checking account, my husband answered yes. once that was established he asked for the information on the check. all information given He (my spouse) was informed that once the money was withdrawn a packet would be mailed to him in two weeks.

Well, money was withdrawn, time has passed, no packet. we are compramised.

What do we do now?

Lecia
            New Iberia, Louisiana
            U.S.A.
            Ooo, ooo! I know the answer to this one...
            Bow your heads in shame of your own stupidity.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

And i was looking it up while talking to them asking them questions about it.. I was like yeah this is true.. until I did a google search.

I'm gonna ****ing break a plate or something.. brb

Comment

Proves the old axiom, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Edit: Dang, late by about 20 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                    A fool and his money are soon parted.

Edit: Dang, late by about 20 seconds...
                    the "guardian of time" is late?
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                    X