McDonald's outsourcing drive thru window jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's outsourcing drive thru window jobs

I just heard about this in class. When you drive through McDonald's for an order a person in another country will take it. Anyone heard this yet?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

was on the news like 2 weeks ago. i think it's a good thing. better service, still the same # of jobs (different area probably) and perhaps higher pay.

Comment

this seems weird to me. Now you need 2 people to do the job as 1 person. I don't get it.

Normally you have 1 person take the order, deliver the food to the window, and handle the cash transactions. Now you need 2 (as a person and India cannot deliver the food to the window and take the money of course)

Comment

no - now you'll have 1 person to handle the drive through of more than one at a time now - more than 1 location.

Comment

yes but you still need individual people at each location to hand out the food and take the money. They are still going to have more employess than they currently have. It's just the person doing the food handing out and money accepting has 1 less responsibility now.

Comment

Originally posted by My Wife Hates CIV
            better service,
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

no less people - better service. cheaper to train too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                you think it's good now?!?!

Comment

it's still more people to do the same job as they are currently doing!

Comment

you think it's good now?!?!
                    you've obviously never had to deal with a telemarketer or callcenter from India...

you're daft if you think this means better service.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      you've obviously never had to deal with a telemarketer or callcenter from India...

you're daft if you think this means better service.
                      it can't be as bad as some teenager speaking ebonics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

it can't be as bad as some teenager speaking ebonics.
                        it's worse...

I once spent 30 minutes on the phone with someone from India because someone signed up an AOL account using my name... it was the biggest pain in the ass ever.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

was on the news like 2 weeks ago. i think it's a good thing. better service, still the same # of jobs (different area probably) and perhaps higher pay.
                          If the # of jobs is the same and the pay is the same or higher there is no reason to do it, because no money will be saved.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I thought the outsourcing would be to companies within the US who concentrate on "speaking with customers" or whatever.

Comment

Outsorcing jobs in a McDonald's negates part of the benefit that helps overcome their overall negative impact on an immediate locale--less local jobs.

Expect communities to be more resistant to McDonald's in the future if more local jobs are axed.
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X