Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Circumcision performed badly. Very badly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"But people in small towns tend to not be criminals like people in cities are."

Heh.

Heheheheh.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

In Alaska the construction workers apparently shoot first and put up the dry wall later
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Space, I have never in my 20 years in a town that isn't exactly the stereotypical idyl of English quaintness, seen an illegal weapon. I wouldn't know who or where to go to get one, there are probably three or four degrees of separation between me and the "right person" to ask. Those who would know are probably running around in very specific circles of organised crime. It would be nigh-on impossible for me to get a gun illegally, and extremely difficult legally because I have a medical history of (non dangerous) mental illness. If I should find myself in posession of a gun, supplies of ammunition would also be very difficult.

You just arent friends with the wrong people.

sorry, but organized crime isn't as rampant as you believe.

/me clears throat

IIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          Gun laws are as effective as locking your front door when you leave your house. If someone wants a gun they can get one.
          ACTUALLY... this is a really good argument. But FOR gun control. Yes, gun laws will not stop hardened criminals from getting guns. But it will stop a lot of stupid people, and it will stop a lot of illegal gun trade (because illegal guns start out as legal guns). Locking your front door might not stop the criminal determined to get in your house, but it will stop some dumbass n00b from just opening your door and stealing all your ****.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Space, in most countries with gun laws, knowing people who actually deal them is a rarity.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

And that seems to be the case for the majority of the inhabitants of the United Kingdom too.

Quoting statistics about an increase in gun crime proves only your ability to quote statistics, not to interpret or understand those statistics, It says nothing about the availability or otherwise of guns to either 'the general public' or 'anyone who wants one'.

I tried the supermarket, the chemist, the bank, the Asian supermarket, the launderette- no one had a gun.

No one knew where I could get a gun. No one knew anyone who had been threatened with a gun, or killed or wounded with a gun.

Clearly I should move out of a hick town like the capital of the United Kingdom and move somewhere like, Nome or Juneau and increase the chance of my acquiring a firearm illegally.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Clearly I should move out of a hick town like the capital of the United Kingdom and move somewhere like, Nome or Juneau and increase the chance of my acquiring a firearm illegally.
                Juneau
                Nome

Anchorage

If you moved over here you wouldnt have to buy it illegally.

Maybe I should go to Londond one day and attempt to buy an illegal firearm just for the fun of it.

I tried the supermarket, the chemist, the bank, the Asian supermarket, the launderette- no one had a gun.

You actually went out and asked around??

Careful, Big Brother is watching you now...

Comment

Maybe I should go to London one day and attempt to buy an illegal firearm just for the fun of it.

Good luck. I'll buy it from you when you do.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Swiss citizens are issued fully-automatic rifles to keep at home for national defense purposes,

Sweet baby Jebus! I wonder what the B&E rate over there is.

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Good luck. I'll buy it from you when you do.
                    Sweet baby Jebus! What for?

Comment

Sweet baby Jebus! What for?

Clearly for whatever people who own guns do with them- drive by killings, spree killings, serial murders, that sort of thing.

Comment

Britain -- Parliament increasingly has given the police power to stop and search vehicles as well as pedestrians. Police may arrest any person they "reasonably" suspect supports an illegal organization. The grand jury, an ancient common law institution, was abolished in 1933. Civil jury trials have been abolished in all cases except libel, and criminal jury trials are rare. . . . While America has the Miranda rules, Britain allows police to interrogate suspects who have asked that interrogation stop, and allows the police to keep defense lawyers away from suspects under interrogation for limited periods. Britain allows evidence which has been derived from a coerced confession to be used in court. Wiretaps do not need judicial approval and it is unlawful in a British court to point out the fact that a police wiretap was illegal." (Kopel, 1992, pp. 101-102.)

Recently, London law enforcement authorities began installing cameras overlooking selected intersections in the city`s business district, to observe passers-by on the sidewalks. The British Home Office has introduced "`Anti-Social Behaviour Orders` -- special court orders intended to deal with people who cannot be proven to have committed a crime, but whom the police want to restrict anyway. Behaviour Orders can, among other things, prohibit a person from visiting a particular street or premises, set a curfew or lead to a person`s eviction from his home. Violation of a Behaviour Order can carry a prison sentence of up to five years. Prime Minister Tony Blair is now proposing that the government be allowed to confine people proactively, based on fears of their potential danger to society." (Kopel, et al., 2001, p. 27.)

"The British government frequently bans books on national security grounds. In addition, England`s libel laws tend to favor those who bring suit against a free press. Prior restraint of speech in the United States is allowed only in the most urgent of circumstances. In England, the government may apply for a prior restraint of speech ex parte, asking a court to censor a newspaper without the newspaper even having notice or the opportunity to present an argument. . . . Free speech in Great Britain is also constrained by the Official Secrets Act, which outlaws the unauthorized receipt of information from any government agency, and allows the government to forbid publication of any `secret` it pleases. . . . The act was expanded in 1920 and again in 1989 -- times when gun controls were also expanded." (Kopel, 1991, pp. 99-102.)

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

God bless America. I'll take dangerous gun filled ghettos over oppressive government any day.

Comment

Clearly for whatever people who own guns do with them- drive by killings, spree killings, serial murders, that sort of thing.

Maybe I'll just pick up an AK for you on my trip over the pond.

Comment

God bless America. I'll take dangerous gun filled ghettos over oppressive government any day.

"11 March 2005

The nine remaining detainees have been granted bail after three and a half years of detention without trial.

After the Law Lords ruling last December that the Anti-Terrorism, Crime and Security Act contravened the European Convention on Human Rights the Home Office would have found it difficult to oppose this decision. "

Fair Trials is the global criminal justice watchdog, campaigning for fairness, equality and justice

Where do you want a holiday, Belmarsh or Guantanamo ?

Comment

Where do you want a holiday, Belmarsh or Guantanamo ?
                              Im not too fond of either, and Ive never supported the way we treat terrorist suspects.

However as a whole American citizens seem to enjoy much more safety from the government than British citizens.

Comment

The fact that gun crime per head of population in the UK is just that little bit lower than in the US, shows that I'm not alone .
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X