Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Circumcision performed badly. Very badly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circumcision performed badly. Very badly...

Man beheaded in street attack
    By Simon Freeman, Times Online

A man was beheaded in an attack in one of North London's most exclusive districts this morning.

Metropolitan Police said that they were called to a report of an attack in Eton Avenue, in Swiss Cottage, at 9.38am today.

A white man in his 60s was found with what officers are describing as severe injuries. A second man was arrested at the scene and is being questioned by detectives.

More details soon
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Beheading is a serious injury nowadays?

Comment

Well it's not "not" serious I guess?
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

I wouldn't exactly call it an injury, that suggests usually it's not directly fatal. maybe it's my english comprehension Sounds nasty though, as was my first thought when i heard it (muslim extremist).

Comment

3:1 on Muslim extremist

4:17 on Christian nut

Comment

Here's another article...

This is London magazine has been established for over 65 years, providing readers with information about events, exhibitions, music, concerts, theatre and dining. As life returns to normal, Londoners are heading back into the Capital and many visitors are already coming from further afield.

Beheading horror in street
            By Richard Edwards and Chris Millar, Evening Standard
            14 March 2005

A man was beheaded in a London street today by an attacker wielding an axe.

Mothers on the school run were among those who saw the horrific killing in Eton Avenue near the Hampstead Theatre in Belsize Park.

The man with the axe approached his victim and repeatedly struck him as he screamed for help. When officers arrived it is reported the attacker was standing over the body and told them: "It's private."

A scaffolder working nearby saw the axeman running towards his victim with the weapon held above his head. Seconds later he struck the first of a series of heavy blows which continued even when the victim lay slumped on the pavement.

The workman said: "It was unremitting.

"The man with the axe ran at his victim and just laid into him. He brought it down on his head and floored him. The victim had tried to defend himself with his arms and I heard him shout something. But it was hopeless.

"Within seconds he was on the floor and his head had been split open. There was blood pouring from his head and spilling onto the pavement. It was horrific."

The scaffolder, who would not be named, said he believed the two men knew each other as they had seemed to exchange a few words before the attack.

With his victim dead at his feet, the attacker put the axe down and stood impassively until police arrived at the scene.

The scaffolder went on: "Police arrived a few minutes after the attack and the axeman was still there."

He added: "I heard them question him. They asked him why he had done it and he said: 'It's complicated. It's private'."

Avelina Rodrigues, 48, said the attacker ignored her pleas to stop as he brought blow after blow down upon his victim, leaving the body badly mutilated.

She said: "I heard the first thuds of the axe as it hit the man's head. I thought it was the sound of a child being hit by a car.

"I ran to the front of the house and 20 feet away I could see a man, I guess of about 43, smartly dressed, tall and thin with the axe in his hand.

"The axeman saw me but he just ignored me. He hacked his victim's head cutting it as if it was a block of wood for a fire. His victim was unconscious on the ground, but he kept bringing his axe down on him. I begged him to stop and he just looked at me without emotion. There was no anger in his face, he did not seem crazy.

"He was just coolly finishing off his victim. He wanted to destroy him."

Another woman, a passerby in a car, stopped and pleaded with the man to stop his attack and leave his victim alone, but he ignored her. He also ignored pleas from builders working nearby and continued attacking his victim until the police arrived.

Police arrested a man at the scene and he is currently being held for questioning at Holborn Police Station.

Eton Avenue is known as one the most exclusive streets in north London with a host of multi million-pound properties.

Belsize Park is also the home to a host of celebrities.

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
              Beheading is a serious injury nowadays?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

bad thread title.

Either way, the British should outlaw the use of axes.

Comment

Well, it's illegal for people under the age of majority to buy knives. Does that apply to axes?
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I shouldn't think so... frankly it's a stupid law, in 10 years people will have to shave with rubber razors until they're 30

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      bad thread title.

Either way, the British should outlaw the use of axes.
                      Well, for a start, I think its illegal to carry axes around with you on the street . You can only have a 3+ inch knife if you have a valid reason to have it on you (work etc).
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Remember...

Axes don't kill people, people kill people
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                          Well, it's illegal for people under the age of majority to buy knives. Does that apply to axes?
                          Yes it does. It isn't very well enforced though.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

How about pikes, lances, maces, war hammers and halbreds?
                            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I think the phrasing is "Other article having a blade or which is sharply pointed, and which is made or adapted for causing injury". So the war hammer might be ok.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                              X