No announcement yet.

Looking For Excel-like Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They also have these great things called "pens" and "paper" to track workouts.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

You could always 'get' Excel

I dont have money to buy it, and why bother obtaining something ilegaly when something free works just as well.

They also have these great things called "pens" and "paper" to track workouts.

Its not as pretty, and I need about $5 to buy a notebook.

Comment

PH meant 'get' as in 'get', you know, get it?

Comment

why bother obtaining something ilegaly when something free works just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
            why bother obtaining something ilegaly when something free works just as well.
            For the same reason a dog licks his balls, JUST 'COS HE CAN!

Comment

OpenOffice is getting good, you can always try the new version 2 beta. BTW you are not using broadband there Space?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                For the same reason a dog licks his balls, JUST 'COS HE CAN!
                Please don't advocate illegal copying, reds.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

BTW you are not using broadband there Space?
                  56k modem running on a 48k connection.

Comment

Friends don't let friends pirate Microsoft software.

Microsoft Office has an awful default interface. The paradigms are old and stale. OpenOffice isn't revolutionary, but it has some nice touches.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      Microsoft Office has an awful default interface. The paradigms are old and stale.
                      That interface has been around for at least a decade.

Comment

The adaptive toolbars might actually be worth something if the actions I pull up menus and secondary toolbars for were being added to them. They aren't.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

OpenOffice will mail you a CD, iirc. Might arrive before the 56kb d/l is finished.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Count your blessings. At least you don't have to compile the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                              Friends don't let friends pirate Microsoft software.

Microsoft Office has an awful default interface. The paradigms are old and stale. OpenOffice isn't revolutionary, but it has some nice touches.
                              What's the main problem with the default paradigms?

OpenOffice is noticably worse IMO. Borderline "terrible".
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

OOo is slow as hell, no kind of recovery mechanism if something dies (MS Word has saved my arse a number of times )... it's poorly thought out. About the only thing going for it feature wise is the PDF thing which is a nice touch.

Also it's free so if you can't afford MS Office it's not like there isn't an alternative, but it's a poor second in terms of quality. Is Office ~£80 better? Debateable... considering price they're pretty much even I suppose.
                                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                                X