The Dude abides: The Big Lebowski Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dude abides: The Big Lebowski Appreciation Thread

Just saw this again last night. What a great film.

Best dream sequence in Hollywood history.
    Julianne Moore.
    John Turturro.
    John Goodman
    Steve Buscemi playing his first (and only) regular human being (by comparasion)
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Where's the thumbs up for Jeff Bridges? Best damned actor of his generation- he pisses all over Pacino, De Niro and Nicholson.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

The nihilists were hilarious
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

that was a pretty cool movie. Amazingly I watched it for the first time just last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
          he pisses all over Pacino, De Niro and Nicholson.
          While I wouldn't agree with that, I will say he is an extremely gifted and underrated actor. So is Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who plays Lebowski's assistant.

EDIT - The rich Lebowski
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a turd.

Big Lebowski
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava is a commieliberalscum

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is a mazing
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Is that movie required viewing for residency or something? Every doctor I know has seen and loves that movie.

Comment

THIS IS NOT VIETNAM...THERE ARE RULES!

Comment

Yes, great movie; it gets even better with repeated viewing.

"Donny, you're out of your element!You're like a child who has wandered into the middle of a movie and wants to know what's going on."

"This is what happens when you **** a stranger up the ass".

and finally

"No one ***** with the Jesus"

Jesus Quintana was one of the brilliant creations ever committed to the silver screen, even if "He's a pederast, dude!"

"Eight-year-olds, Dude."
                    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                      Is that movie required viewing for residency or something? Every doctor I know has seen and loves that movie.
                      Ironically, a bunch of friends and I watched it the night before we took our med school entrance exams.

Terrific way to unwind.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I've only seen the last half an hour.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            you go to a big lebowski appreciation thread by stating you just saw a part of it?!?!?!!!

Why don't you walk up to the speaker's corner at an NRA meeting and tell them how wrong they all are. At least they'll give you a chance!

/me pulls out flamethrower, points at che, sunglasses, this is for duderino, *flames*, che crumbles, falls, and his ash forms the word: "dude" before it gets blown away right into my face

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              ACK! How can you only see the last half hour? Especially of that movie?

I pity you...you probably won't enjoy the movie as much the whole way through now...

Comment

Working...
                              X