No announcement yet.

Over the counter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing.. I didn't think lines of coke were over the counter?

you do your lines under the counter?

Comment

thats why I said 'in addition to'. Cipralex doesnt come over the counter either.
      Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

I would actually like to get off the high blood pressure medicine

but my doctor wants me in good shape and all before I try to go off

and I have not been working out regularly since last december (and have put on 10 pounds.. so am about 40 over where I should be)

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Over the counter...

I never take any medication.

Originally posted by Verres
          multivitamins
          Why don't you eat some fruit instead?

codliver oil capsules
          St John's Wort
          What are those?

'paracetamol plus' (for hangover)
          Perhaps you should drink less. Or at least drink lots of water after drinking lots of alcohol.

co-dydramol (painkillers for recurrent back probs. Am perhaps a little addicted)
          Perhaps some exercise could help?

'pro-plus' at regular intervals to keep me awake
          'sleep aid' (sleeping tablets, surprise surprise) for insomnia
          The insomnia is a constant battle. I don't take pro plus after 4pm so I doubt it affects my sleep patterns
          How can you be sure? Why not stop talking both medicine for some time, and see what happens?

but i still dont get enough sleep even on the sleeping tablets, so I often need it to stay awake. Plus my energy levels are usually 0.
          IIRC sleeping pills disturb your normal sleeping pattern, reducing the wellness of your sleep. So I guess it's normal you're still sleepy when taking them. Also if you need to take energizers to stay awake, why don't you sleep a hole in the day once in a weekend when you have little to do, to get out of this cycle of having to take energizers and sleeping pills at the same time?

And you lot seem to be a fair cross-section of society, so...
          Am I the only one who found this funny?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I need opinions/advice.
            Opinion/ advice: stop taking so many of those pills. Okay, hat's a but flippant. But really, pro-plus is like £3/4 a packet, it's got to be expensive to pop so many pills!

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac

And you lot seem to be a fair cross-section of society, so...

Am I the only one who found this funny?
              No, actually I would be very scared if we were
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

You really can buy all sorts of medical stuff over the counter these days. I take......a lot. I never thought it that strange, until earlier I was reading American Psycho and discovered my routines are scarily like his. At least in the pill popping sense.

So....what do you all take in the way of over-the counter type stuff? And do you think its wise? Am I doing long term damage? Am I just worrying over nothing?

My typical day involves:
                multivitamins
                codliver oil capsules
                St John's Wort
                'paracetamol plus' (for hangover)
                co-dydramol (painkillers for recurrent back probs. Am perhaps a little addicted)
                'pro-plus' at regular intervals to keep me awake
                'sleep aid' (sleeping tablets, surprise surprise) for insomnia

(all in addition to anti-depressants and the occassional line of coke. well, occassional/frequent. depends)

I need opinions/advice. And you lot seem to be a fair cross-section of society, so...
                I wouldn't run if I were you, you'll make a rattling noise...

I used to have a friend who used to have so many supplements and crap like that in the morning that she'd have a glass of pills which she'd basically have to drink and wash down with something...I found it rather unhealthy and like a kind of hypochondria. Just ensure you get a balanced diet and definitely give up the cocaine...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

...and taking all that pro plus would certainly cause trouble - taking several of those a day will mean you have a very high level of caffeine in your circulation and thus your inability to sleep and your need to take some sort of tranquiliser to knock you out, and a vicious cycle begins. Also bear in mind that cocaine is a highly efficacious stimulant as well. Cut them all out, including coffee or tea (perhaps with the exception of a cup or two early on in the day - I won't drink anything significantly caffeinated within 12 hours of me going to bed).
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Another major concern is St. John's Wort and an antidepressant (an SSRI or SSNI I presume?). This is a major no-no and I'd consult your doctor about it fairly promptly. Besides I don't believe that there have ever been any studies into the efficacy of St. Johns Wort...
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I take some rather nice multivits, nutritionist recommended them when I was competing in athletics and generally seemed to make me healthier, though that may have been less stress about my (slight) lack of fruit and veg. Been pretty bad at taking them recently though, just never seem to think of them.

Been happy with myself of myself for not taking Migraleve's for quite a while now. Not really a big thing, but it's nice to know I'm not riskiong rebound migraines anymore from being dependent on these to stop it.

Strangely I seem to react to chocolate like a drug, in that I get quite impressively hyper on them, but it may just be reacting to the stress and everything I'm doing here.
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Nothing except four Dr Peppers a day. (10, 2, and 4! plus dinner).
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

as long as you dont blow 25k on 3 8 balls of coke...
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

That's a lot of coke. Though I was shocked at how much some of my acquaintances do of the stuff. Even with a brother who deals cheaply to her, she manages to spend large sums on a night out
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Re: Re: Over the counter...

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Another major concern is St. John's Wort and an antidepressant (an SSRI or SSNI I presume?). This is a major no-no and I'd consult your doctor about it fairly promptly. Besides I don't believe that there have ever been any studies into the efficacy of St. Johns Wort...
                              My doctor did mention something about it, only that it may increase side effects apparently. Which I can't say I've noticed.

As for whether it's actually any good or not....I usually ignore so-called 'studies' into herbal rememdies as most seem to be a lot of crap. I find it helps me, personally (particularly re anxiety, which my anti-d's dont seem to be dealing with at all) so therefore I take it.

(turns out i was wrong with what I said before - having actually bothered to read the leaflet for the first time in my life, it turns out it is an ssri Oh well)
                              Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                                as long as you dont blow 25k on 3 8 balls of coke...

If I had that much money I certainly wouldn't waste it on coke.

Anyway, this was a thread about legal supplements etc, not my other habits (I only included the cocaine/anti-d comment to give you all a fuller picture)

Comment

Working...
                                X