No announcement yet.

Don't use AIM!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell, though aim sucks, you really shouldn't use their client.

it installs so much extra ****.

gaim / naim / kopete
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
      Well, you never know when it might pay off.
      I still wouldn't do it, because that just legitimise EULA.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Not reading it doesn't make it any less legitimate.

Comment

Can someone please clarify some things for me?

This heinous transgression is definitely enough to make me scrap AIM immediately and head for something else. I'd like that something else to be ICQ, but as I understand it, ICQ uses the AIM protocol, hence you'd still be subject to this evil EULA. True or not true?

Where does Yahoo Messenger fit into this picture - is it on the AIM protocol or not?

And can anyone share any experiences they've had with this Jabber program?
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by embalmer42
            Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

That's why I prefer Liberty.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

reismark: the yahoo client is cool and viable. it is different protocol, so that's what i am going to start primarily using...
              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                iChat uses the AIM network Jrabbit.

Try MSN or Jabber. I use Adium on the mac - that supports multiple protocols.
                I'm gonna need you to walk me through this agathon. I've never heard of jabber, nor Adium. but I need to make a switch.

Another issue is that one of my Mac is OSX, the other OS9.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  Not reading it doesn't make it any less legitimate.
                  Not that EULA is legit. The resistence to UCITA was tremedous, even the National Bar Association had dropped out after a disagreement with the National Conference of Commissioners during the final draft stage. AFAIK even the NCCUSL has stopped supporting it.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Kaak69: So do you like furries?

QT4U: OMG I luv furries!!!
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                    X